Inner Edge XLP vs. FST info

Ironz91

Aug 29, 2019
Connecticut
Hello everyone, I'm a new member from CT. I am looking to install an inner edge on my 2017 Ram 1500. We have the XLP's on our cars at work so I know how reliable and low profile they are. I am curious if anybody here has any experience or thoughts about the inner edge FST. Is the extra bulk to accommodate the Proclera optics worth it over the XLP and are the optics themselves any better? There aren't too many reviews or literature about it online, so I figured I would try my luck here with the pros. Any help in making a decision would be appreciated. Thank you!

silverunicorn

Jun 25, 2010
USA / PA
Welcome to the site! I dpn;t know the answer to your question, but am following to see what others think as I am looking to get a quality inner bar for my Durango.

Chris

Reactions: Ironz91

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
I’m also from CT. I had an XLP in my old charger. The thing worked amazing. Mine wasn’t the duo but it was red and blue with the takedowns. I felt like the takedowns weren’t very bright. I just got a new truck and upgraded to the FST. It’s a little brighter however it is also a little bulkier. I have a truck so the window is large and fits without an issue. If I put it in the charger I don’t know if I would be as happy. The takedowns on the FST are much brighter and light up the scene a much better. The new one is also red and blue with two take downs. I think it depends on the vehicle your putting it into. My F-150 it fits well and I’m 6ft tall. A sedan and even some of the SUV’s you may notice its hard to see the traffic lights.

Ironz91

Aug 29, 2019
Connecticut
Thank you! I was leaning towards the FST's but my biggest concern was the added bulk making it hard to see.I am 6 ft as well and they will be going into a Ram 1500. It sounds like I shouldn't have to much of an issue then. Thanks again.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
I wasn't aware Whelen had two options. The State patrol in our area runs a dual color Whelen ILB, and although the light heads are thinner than the SOS ones in my car, the mounts/shields make the entire assembly just as thick.

I'm 6'4", and have the ILB in an Explorer, and I am not annoyed whatsoever by the space it takes up. I do however have my seat set to the lowest position, which helps of course.

Reactions: Ironz91

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.