Innotex Bunker Gear...Does anyone use?

kd0giz

Jun 8, 2010
New Liberty IA
Im doing some research for my boss on Innotex bunker gear. Our aluminum plant has created a volunteer plant-wide brigade to supplement us Fire Inspectors and our Machine Shop crew. Now we are working on getting everyone's gear. We have been using Morning Pride T.A.I.L.S. gear but we now need to outfit about 25 new sets, and our procurement department is throwing a fit about Honeywell's atrocious lead times for custom fit gear. Our local supplier is suggesting Innotex X-Design bunkers.

Has anyone used Innotex gear before and does it hold up, weight, overall comfort of fit, etc?

Chris W

Mar 27, 2014
NJ
Never used innotex other than checking it out on display floors. If I was gear shopping it would be Globe Athletix, hands down the most comfortable gear you will ever try on. If it were up to me we would be wearing that with thorogood hellfire boots.

Reactions: rcfd34

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Call Savannah, MO Fire Dept bi know they use it. Not sure if it's good or bad.
Also, check out Quaker gear of Quakertown, PA. Made in the USA!
Stay FAR away from Fyrepel/Lakeland Industries bunker gear. Their "OSX" stuff--& I think now all of their stuff--is Made in China. My former Dept ordered it in the past & it all for like crap. Very uncomfortable to wear for any amount of time. Had guys choosing not to wear it, or to wear 15-20 year old gear instead.

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
Call Savannah, MO Fire Dept bi know they use it. Not sure if it's good or bad.
Also, check out Quaker gear of Quakertown, PA. Made in the USA!
Stay FAR away from Fyrepel/Lakeland Industries bunker gear. Their "OSX" stuff--& I think now all of their stuff--is Made in China. My former Dept ordered it in the past & it all for like crap. Very uncomfortable to wear for any amount of time. Had guys choosing not to wear it, or to wear 15-20 year old gear instead.

Lakeland SHOULD be producing the stuff in Mexico, now. They had a lot of trouble with the Chinese plant pushing out subpar gear.

Innotex is hit and miss. I used to repair bunker gear professionally, and it was NOT one of my favorites to work with. Most of my repairs were based on closures, pockets, and reflective trim. They usually came in sooner than other brands of similar MFG dates.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Never used innotex other than checking it out on display floors. If I was gear shopping it would be Globe Athletix, hands down the most comfortable gear you will ever try on. If it were up to me we would be wearing that with thorogood hellfire boots.

I want to try a set of the Athletix on but my local Globe dealer doesnt have them in.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.