Install Rates...?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I think this is the appropriate place to put this, if not, feel free to move it...

Anyway, my friend and I were contacted by a sheriff friend of ours to do some intalls on 4 of their vehicles... We were wondering what do you guys charge for an install...? Do you have an hourly rate or do you go by a flat rate of "X" number of dollars for the install...?

Any suggestions are also welcome... Thank y'all!!!

- Tim

Radio Tech

May 27, 2010
Vermont
We charge $85 an hour, minimum of one hour for smaller projects requiring "garage time".

We flat rate dash mount (low power typically - 50 watt radios or less) installations for one and a half hours. This includes labor for doing the antenna, pulling wire, mounting, etc. A dash mount mobile radio shouldn't take more then that time if you're a proficient installer. We've got them down to about a 45 minute process not to include programming.

When we quote the routine jobs, IE: removal and installation from an old car to a new one, labor rates vary from 65$ an hour to 85$ an hour, based on if they're buying any new/additional equipment.

For large jobs (more then 1 vehicle with full L&S, radio, camera, etc) we don't have a set rate schedule.

Hourly rate is for one installer. We don't normally charge for consumables (wire, etc), because we build it into our hourly rate.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
It's an unfair question, but what would ballpark be for 4 HAW LEDs 2 front, 2 back in a newer imported pickup truck? Are LEDs or HAWS easier - read; less expensive?

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
Stendec said:
It's an unfair question, but what would ballpark be for 4 HAW LEDs 2 front, 2 back in a newer imported pickup truck? Are LEDs or HAWS easier - read; less expensive?

I usually charged $100 for a 4 head HAW/LAW kit for a pickup/SUV. $75 for a car.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.