Install suggestions for (soon to be) my Silverado

DJIceman97

Dec 22, 2012
Northeast Kentucky
Getting ready to buy a 2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax pickup for my daily truck, and to tow my sound company trailer around. Going to get a lot better fuel mileage with it, and save me the headaches of a gas guzzler (12/13 MPG vs. 18/23 MPG)...now just have to decide what to do as far as emergency equipment. Right now, all my interior stuff from my current Silverado will move over...which consists of

AWL UV60 linear interior light bar red/red (front)

AWL L18 red/clear (front)

2 AWL Intimidator's red/red (side)

1 AWL RX-48 traffic bar red/red (rear)

Going to build new brackets for them and properly install them without any holes (hopefully)...but the exterior stuff (some free SM24 grill's and STL strobes) aren't going in. Trying to decide exactly what I want to do. I'm more than likely going to do some grill lights, which will be something like 4 Feniex Cobra T6 with a bracket custom made from a machine shop to "clamp" them on the grill. As far as LAW/HLF, I'm still undecided. More than likely four LAW's in the rear (two red and two clear) then either a HLF or two more LAW's up front (Red/red or red/clear)...any suggestions?

Oh, and of course, a picture of the potential new ride :)

IMG_7277[1].jpg

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Check the link in my signature for my 06 1500 Silverado for some ideas.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Put some Whelen M6s or M7s in the grill (it's a big truck, it deserves big grill lights; two large grill lights are far more effective than four small ones), add a HLF, get a quality 6-head strobe HAW set and put a pair in the fog lights, then in the brake lights and reverse lights, then put a Feniex T6 in the gap between the front bumper and the fender for intersection warning.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Measure the gap between the bumper and the fender (the sides, where the bumper wraps around) On my 01 HD theres room for a TIR3/LIN4 type surface light. It would be recessed and be closer to the front for intersection warning. Somewhere on here is my thread ( 2001 Chevy 2500HD with a Millennium) and you can see in there an idea. I had K/O LIN4s under my park lights in that gap.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
7d9_z28 said:
Measure the gap between the bumper and the fender (the sides, where the bumper wraps around) On my 01 HD theres room for a TIR3/LIN4 type surface light. It would be recessed and be closer to the front for intersection warning. Somewhere on here is my thread ( 2001 Chevy 2500HD with a Millennium) and you can see in there an idea. I had K/O LIN4s under my park lights in that gap.

We installed t6's on a traffic unit in that spot for Intersection.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
DJIceman97 said:
Getting ready to buy a 2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax pickup for my daily truck, and to tow my sound company trailer around. Going to get a lot better fuel mileage with it, and save me the headaches of a gas guzzler (12/13 MPG vs. 18/23 MPG)...now just have to decide what to do as far as emergency equipment. Right now, all my interior stuff from my current Silverado will move over...which consists of

AWL UV60 linear interior light bar red/red (front)

AWL L18 red/clear (front)

2 AWL Intimidator's red/red (side)

1 AWL RX-48 traffic bar red/red (rear)

Going to build new brackets for them and properly install them without any holes (hopefully)...but the exterior stuff (some free SM24 grill's and STL strobes) aren't going in. Trying to decide exactly what I want to do. I'm more than likely going to do some grill lights, which will be something like 4 Feniex Cobra T6 with a bracket custom made from a machine shop to "clamp" them on the grill. As far as LAW/HLF, I'm still undecided. More than likely four LAW's in the rear (two red and two clear) then either a HLF or two more LAW's up front (Red/red or red/clear)...any suggestions?

Oh, and of course, a picture of the potential new ride :)

FRONT

--HLF

--Clear Cannons in fog lights

--2 solid red M6's in front of grill

--Recycled interior bar & maybe a recycled intimidator on lower dash (not necessary but wouldn't look bad IMO, & it's roughly level with the RVM of sedans)

SIDE

--solid red SMT6 or nForce bet. front bumper & quarter panel, & a second lighthead on the side of a tool box or in rear side window (bet. B & C posts)

--solid red intersectors

REAR

--recycled lightstick

--2 LAWs in brake lights; I don't think the reverse light housings are worth putting LAWs in b/c they're so small

--1 amber & 1 red lighthead on LP bracket (ie AWL SMT, SNM E series, feniex T6)

Sell the other stuff to fund your RE equipment

DJIceman97

Dec 22, 2012
Northeast Kentucky
I appreciate the responses guys. I'm trying to get some grill lights that will sort of "hide away"...if I can get a pair of M6's to fit behind the grill, then I may do that. I think for now though, I'm just going to recycle my current interior lighting, ditch the cheap grill lights, sell the strobes to a buddy who needs some hideaway lighting, and probably just purchase a HLF and TLF for the time being. Keep it cheap and simple for now, then later down the road go to LAW's and M6's in the grill.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.