installation of howler system in 2013 chevy 2500 - pull front bumper or no?

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
I have checked whelens website and cannot get an install manual for the howler 18 system which is for a 2013 chevy silverado 2500. Can anyone tell me, will the front bumper need to be removed in order to install the speakers? I would like to put on the front brush guard and get everything else finished up AS LONG as I don't have to pull it back off when the hower system gets here in a few weeks.

Judging from the older modles, I would infer that I do not need to pull the bumper, but with my luck, I will install the grill guard and have to pull it right back off...

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
WIRED HDH said:
I have checked whelens website and cannot get an install manual for the howler 18 system which is for a 2013 chevy silverado 2500. Can anyone tell me, will the front bumper need to be removed in order to install the speakers? I would like to put on the front brush guard and get everything else finished up AS LONG as I don't have to pull it back off when the hower system gets here in a few weeks.

Judging from the older modles, I would infer that I do not need to pull the bumper, but with my luck, I will install the grill guard and have to pull it right back off...

Got the howler in, NO, you do not have to pull the front bumper BUT IF you are putting on a push bumper, you may be using some of the same holes for that bumpers brackets. We put on a go rhino and it used some of the same mounting locations.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.