Installing a Federal Model 28 on a new vehicle.

Josh_m

Jul 31, 2020
Farmington
I have a federal signal model 28 siren that I want to install on my Silverado but I’m not really sure exactly how to go about doing it. I know people have put Q sirens and 28s on new vehicles before but haven’t found any exact details on how to install one. Anyone that could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
You need a solenoid to operate it. That way your large cable from the battery goes straight to the siren and the small wire passes through the switch. I have this B&M siren diagram. You wont' have the brake, so only a 3 pole solenoid would work.

800_Wiring_diag_retro_c.jpg

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Awesome! Thank you.

Here is an old thread about wiring a 28. Good pictures by GSPD, shows the details

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.