Installing Silverado LED HAW....Questions.

RES1CUE

May 24, 2010
Spencer NC
i have a 2006 silverado. i am wanting to install led haw's in the low beams and foglights as show in the yellow circles in pics. i am looking for some tips and preferably pics of installs in same type housing. i know how to remove lights but do these have a inner and outer housing? in other words do i need to drill say a 1 and 1/2 inch hole in outer and 1 inch hole in inner to place led? i know ive seen pics of this type install but cant find em on here or on archive. also i am going with the soundoff universal undercovers. any ideas for placement in the housings? Thanks guys!

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b83_ffcarter46_IMG00033_20100824_1654.jpg

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b83_ffcarter46_IMG00034_20100824_1655.jpg

JGG

May 20, 2010
Portage, MI
I don't believe that those headlights are double-layer. My Yukon XL is extremely similar, and it has single-layer headlights.

As for the placement, I would try to get the holes as close to the existing bulbs as possible in order to get the best light distribution.

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
JGG said:
I don't believe that those headlights are double-layer. My Yukon XL is extremely similar, and it has single-layer headlights.

As for the placement, I would try to get the holes as close to the existing bulbs as possible in order to get the best light distribution.
also you want em as close to the same diameter as the actual bulb due to improper movement or condensation.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
SOS universal undercovers are pretty good for "anywhere" placement- just make sure you have enough room where you drill. With the different lens options, you don't need to find a "ideal sweet spot" to mount them- the different lens' take care of that issue.

Also, before you perm. mount them, try each lens on those LAW's in the spots you drill- you may be surprised at the results different lens' produce.

ncfireman1918

Jun 15, 2010
Mocksville, NC
Off topic... Spencer wouldn't happen to be Spencer, NC would it? If so, I'm just up the road a little ways. The two year old loves the trains.

RES1CUE

May 24, 2010
Spencer NC
ncfireman1918 said:
Off topic... Spencer wouldn't happen to be Spencer, NC would it? If so, I'm just up the road a little ways. The two year old loves the trains.

sure is. i volunteer and work part-time there. im career at salisbury fire dept. what dept are you with?

and thanks guys! i appreciate all the input. looking forward to getting these ordered today and put in.

ncfireman1918

Jun 15, 2010
Mocksville, NC
RES1CUE said:
sure is. i volunteer and work part-time there. im career at salisbury fire dept. what dept are you with?

and thanks guys! i appreciate all the input. looking forward to getting these ordered today and put in.

I'm on Mocksville (volunteer) with Jeff Lagle, Lonnie Horn (Rerun) and Ray Moore. I know you know a few of those guys... like it or not!

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I'd recommend taking out the DRL and putting the hideaways in the stock bulb location, it makes a nice effect day or night!

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Fast LT1 said:
I'd recommend taking out the DRL and putting the hideaways in the stock bulb location, it makes a nice effect day or night!
That would be pretty awesome.

RES1CUE

May 24, 2010
Spencer NC
ncfireman1918 said:
I'm on Mocksville (volunteer) with Jeff Lagle, Lonnie Horn (Rerun) and Ray Moore. I know you know a few of those guys... like it or not!

haha yea. jeff just moved to my shift. hopefully ray will be back at work soon and we all hated to see rerun leave... all super great guys!

RES1CUE

May 24, 2010
Spencer NC
unlisted said:
Pretty illegal as well- if DRL was OEM.[/quote:2mravp48]

my plan actually is to place the foglight LEDs in the center and replace the foglight bulb as long as i can get it to retrofit. i dont use my fogs anyway so those should def be bright. i will place the headlights LEDs as close to the OEM bulb as i can. these should turn out quite well i hope.

cory y

May 21, 2010
No modifying the drl is not illegal. If you have the ability to disable it at any time you wish, permananty disabling them is fine.

DRL's are not mandadted like they are in cananda

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.