Interceptor sedan lighting issue

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
So, first let me apologize because this is a 3rd party question. We just got several 2016 Interceptor sedans with the factory Vertex option in the headlights and brake lights. After the install was finished the vehicles turned over to the city, the fleet manager realized the brake light vertex's aren't working. I have no idea what he has tried to fix it, but he is sort of freaking out because he didn't test the cars before picking them up and the chief wants to inspect them Monday. Long story short, do the cars need to go into drive for those lights to work or any other weird thing like that? I haven't even seen the cars myself yet so it may be something simple, but figured I would try to help him before Monday.

TL;DR: factory vertex's in the brake lights aren't coming on, is this common?

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
I have not installed on any Sedans and the Utilities I've installed in have never had factory rear lighting. However, looking at the install guides from working on the Utilities and glancing at them now it appears that unless you get the Cencom Sapphire with it from the factory the lights aren't pre-wired. the company that did the install would of had to wire them to the controller. According to the 2013 guide, because at least the 2016 and 2017 ones they removed the information and focused on the Utility, states "The LED in each taillight are wired in SYNC and have a harness that extends approximately 18 inches from the taillight housing grommet running towards front of vehicle along the vehicle brake light harness and terminate with a 4-pin connector." The wire colors should be red - power, white - pattern, green - sync, black - ground. I'm not sure if the the connector will be on one side or if each lights will have their own connector, even though it says they are sync'd. The chief would have to take the trunk apart to gain access to the wire harnesses to check. From their he should be able to determine if they were wired or not. It would be best to check with the company that did the install to see if they wired them up.

My guess is the installer didn't know it had the rear lights so they didn't wire them in or forgot to wire them.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Thank you so much!!! This will really help since I will know what to look for.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.