Interesting Code 3 Excalibur

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I managed to score this nearly NOS Code 3 Excalibur lightbar for $110 shipped. This appears to be the Code 3 equivalent of the OSP Strobe Vista, as it was taken off a police car in suburban Ohio. And, despite being shipped with zero packing and the mounting feet detached and put on TOP of the bar, it arrived with only minor scuffs and no cracks. I guess that's a testament to Code 3's MX/Excalibur dome durability!

It has eight strobes, six LEDX flashers (three red, three blue), takedowns, and alleys. I’m thinking of modifying it, does anybody have any ideas or parts? The center black dome is empty underneath and I have an Oscillaser which I think would look good under a clear dome. I'd also like to add outer rotators, intersection sweeps, and a flasher for the takedowns.
excalibur1.jpgexcalibur2.jpg

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Didnt LAFD do something similar as well? Referring to the BO center. Not something you see too often.

Definitely clear the center and oscillaze it.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
BO centers were quite common at least locally to me.
Several Local PDs used this bar with the Strobe/Halogen/LED combos.

I think I have a BPD bar with the BO centerpiece setup almost identically.

EDIT: Forgot to add nice catch BTW.

Reactions: lotsofbars

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.