Interesting Hood

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Easier cleanup when you throw a suspect on it.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
That site is set up so that you're only allowed to view the images from within the pages. I can't tell you what page to look at, but here's a copy of the photo:

ai.imgur.com_DJY6tV2.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Maybe it was following a leaky tanker truck full of bed liner liquid.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
carbon fiber? or rhino lined

Last edited:

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Rhino Lined, it's a new fad I guess. The local Dodge dealership just got a couple new trucks in that were completely Rhino Lined by a company out west that does them.
984baad23b5fcb73e9c33aa0433689b5x.jpg

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
for better grip when your slamming your suspect into them? or maybe when attempting to restrain?

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Hmmm, I wonder how much weight that adds and also wouldn't that trap heat more so than a stock hood?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
an entire pick up beds weight addition is 40 - 70 lbs depending on , length, thickness, and are you going over the bed rails or not...

so a hood... maybe 5 - 10 lbs

Yes. Rhino Linings® spray on lining products are specifically engineered not to warp, crack, peel or split due to weather or other environmental factors. Our spray-on liners are engineered to withstand the severe cold of Alaska to the intense heat of Arizona, (temperatures between -40 degrees F and 190 degrees F). Unlike plastic drop-in liners or other spray-on liners, Rhino Linings products are formulated to withstand heavy-duty use while offering superior abrasion and corrosion resistance.

i would guess the outer hood would get hotter than the top due to the sun beating down on it...

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
My guess would be sun glare being it's a Cali car. Although you could accomplish the same thing with matte paint or plastidip

13TTPP

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
It's always sunny & all but I've never been blinded by my hood & I try to keep the car clean, and South Texas is plenty sunny. We have several 13 PI suv's and over time the paint has bubbled along the front edge of the hood. At least one was re-painted under warranty, but the pictured patrol is a 15 or later which seem to have more are for escaping heat. My guess as has been suggested, to be less likely to get damaged by use.

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
Thanks for fixing the photo...I didn't check the post to see that it worked or not. I just found it interesting and something I've never seen before. I have to believe there is some practical use here??

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.