Interesting plane crash.

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
Make sure you look at the name of the street the house was on. LOL

AURORA, Ore. -- A small plane crashed into a house near the Aurora Airport Friday afternoon and the pilot walked away with minor injuries.

Marion County deputies said 70-year-old George Bahrman was doing touch and go landings at the Aurora Airport when the plane veered off course and crashed into the mobile home on 14071 N. Cessna Street just after noon.

Bahrman was able to climb up on the roof and was taken to a local hospital, but should be fine, deputies said. He was listed in serious condition at OHSU. No one else was aboard. A small fire broke out, but was soon put out by emergency crews The Federal Aviation Administration said they sent investigators to the scene.

Homeowner Sally Jones said she came outside just before the crash and eventually turned around to find the conscious, but dazed pilot sitting on top of her garage. She was not injured. Her 18-year-old dog also escaped injury.

"I had just checked on my little dog, she was OK, sleeping on the couch on the side of the house," Jones said, "I went out my door and closed it and then I was on the ground ... bang!"

"It blew me off the porch and on the ground," she said.

The 1956 Champion model plane was registered to David Waggoner, Howard Howard and Fine Aircraft, LLC out of Aurora.

Jones said after she stood up she could smell the leaking fuel and saw the smoke. She said she screamed for the pilot and called 9-1-1.

She later located Bahrman on the garage roof as neighbors rushed over with a ladder to get him down.

A cause was under investigation.

View Small plane crash in a larger map

KGW Reporter Katherine Cook, Bruce Williams and Justin Burton contributed to this report

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_Aurora_plane_3090310.jpg

Henry455

May 21, 2010
Houston, TX
The street name is interesting but not uncommon. The streets in and around Hobby Airport in Houston are named Convair, Lockheed, Braniff, Constellation, Travelall, Panair, etc.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Henry455 said:
The street name is interesting but not uncommon. The streets in and around Hobby Airport in Houston are named Convair, Lockheed, Braniff, Constellation, Travelall, Panair, etc.

True and considering that it is next to an airport there is nothing odd about the name. There are many small airports around here with similar names around the airport, especially the aero park communities.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.