Ion Duo - Colour Override Choice?

got_yogurt

May 21, 2010
BC, Canada
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with the Ion Duo setting both colours to steady (for use with a carbide), which colour will be displayed when both inputs are on steady? For example if one had a red/blue Ion duo and set both red and blue to steady then powered both red and blue at the same time, are you able to choose somehow which of the two colours would be displayed on steady?

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I think the Duo has separate input wires for each color. So you would need to wire appropriately to carbide.

Jul 14, 2014
NV
I don't have an Ion, but on the duo lightbars if both input wires have 12VDC, then both sets of LED's come on.

CanamRider

Jul 11, 2015
LA
I have Whelen ION TRIOs and it is progressive on the wiring.

The older TRIOs (I believe 2016 and older) have 6 wires with yellow "mode wire", the newer TRIOs (2017 and newer) have 6 wires and each color has independent color control but it is progressive meaning if you have red/blue/white, the blue with override red, the white will override blue and red. If you steady burn the lighthead you can use Carbide to set the patterns however you want and then just flash the outputs in the software. One color would have to be SYNC A and the other would have to be SYNC B. If both are activated at the same time then blue will be active, if white is steady burn the white will override the blue.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.