IPD Dash Cam, shots fired thru windshield

microman

May 20, 2010
KC Metro
IPD dash cam of suspect shooting at Sgt. Steven Boles, who was on the ground. Officer Barry Huwar was across the street responding in when he saw it happen right in front of him. He thought Sgt. Boles was down and took action. Huwar put four rounds thru his own windshield. He also ran over the suspect who went down from Sgt. Boles putting two rounds in him as well. Huwar also had an 18 YO female ride along that night. She got what she was looking to see and more! Both officers are OK and the suspect just got 30 years.

cory y

May 21, 2010
That's the same training that the parks and wildlife officer used against the 2 cop killers at walmart a few months back...

Brilliant.

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
I don't know how that guy didn't die! Can you say internal bleeding.

Ride along (On phone with mom): 1,2,3,4 shots in the windshield of the car I'm in

Mom: OH MY GOD!!!!

:lol:

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
The best part is how you can hear the whiny bitch perp whining about getting run over/shot. The worst part about the whole story besides these cops having to live through it is that the asshole didn't get his head exploded by the crown vic differential, and that tax payers will be paying for 3 hots and a cot for him for the next 30 years.

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I am a firm believer and big proponent of running bad guys over with our vehicles when the opportunity presents. His decision and actions to engage and attack were awesome. Big kudos!

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Crown vics, not just for pursuits and whackers anymore!!!!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
RolnCode3 said:
I am a firm believer and big proponent of running bad guys over with our vehicles when the opportunity presents. His decision and actions to engage and attack were awesome. Big kudos!

Agreed. Why get out and try and engage the susp when you're in control of a 3000 lb bullet? Deadly force, so I see no issue with using your car as a weapon.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
rwo978 said:
Agreed. Why get out and try and engage the susp when you're in control of a 3000 lb bullet? Deadly force, so I see no issue with using your car as a weapon.

+1!

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
rwo978 said:

The Toronto PD doesnt have a problem with this either

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
FireEMSPolice said:
The Toronto PD doesnt have a problem with this either

Toronto police: 1

Crazy knife guy: 0

"Never bring a knife to a car fight." Great response in the comment section of that sweet vid!

May 22, 2010
Central WV
That video was great. The girl made me laugh. I'm glad all the officers and the ride-a-long are alright.

I'd run someone down and shoot through my windshield at someone if I had to. That other officer was lucky the other was nearby or things could have been a lot worse.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
aberfitchguy2472 said:
That other officer was lucky the other was nearby or things could have been a lot worse.

True, but from the sounds of it, he got two into the guy before he got run over, so I'm pretty sure he would have come out on top even if backup hadn't been there. Quite the epic shooting stance too! Lol....

May 22, 2010
Central WV
Rofocowboy84 said:
True, but from the sounds of it, he got two into the guy before he got run over, so I'm pretty sure he would have come out on top even if backup hadn't been there. Quite the epic shooting stance too! Lol....

True, but the guy was still discharging his firearm at the officer. A few bullets in someone doesn't always stop them in their tracks and make them so they are no longer a threat. Either way glad that the situation worked out for the officers involved this time.

CenTexPSE

May 21, 2010
Covington, TX
I think i would have had to finish him off after i ran him over.

THe only thing that pisses me off about this situation is the dude gets 30 years, but the terrorist who tried to blow up the building in Dallas only got 24. Should be the death penalty IMO

May 25, 2010
Quincy, Illinois
I have made it clear to just about every officer I work with that if their in trouble (deadly force situation) to stay the hell out of the way when I come flying up because if I got a clear shot I'm not hitting the brakes.

cory y

May 21, 2010
I did a police evoc simulator with a active shooter situation and instead of stopping, I rammed the bad guy at 45 mph. The instructor was like.... well that's one way to eliminate the threat...

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
^Hahahaha....nice :twisted:^

cory y

May 21, 2010
The funny thing was that when they replayed the senario with the synced audio and video of me, the instructor said i had pure "I will end you" look in my eyes and my transcript of the radio was something along the lines of "shot fired!! Oh fuck you dude" then the sound of engine revving

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Must have been pretty realistic for you to get into "kill bad guy now" mode to save your virtual partner.

I wonder if they saved that footage for future training use :lol: ?

cory y

May 21, 2010
Yeah it was... it was one of the sims that used the actual dashboard and driver compartment of a tahoe, 180* of TV screens... all the tactile feetback of actual driving and the only thing missing was the feel of g forces

May 22, 2010
Central WV
cory y said:
The funny thing was that when they replayed the senario with the synced audio and video of me, the instructor said i had pure "I will end you" look in my eyes and my transcript of the radio was something along the lines of "shot fired!! Oh FUCK you dude" then the sound of engine revving

Haha, LOVE it :lol:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.