Is it worth trying to snag this or not? UPDATE: I did :D

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
So, I never thought I'd see an ad for one of these up here in the frozen North...

https://www.bismanonline.com/1970_s_vintage_police_light_bar/?app_track=suggested_from_adview

ad2viduam6g2fks.cloudfront.net_UserFiles_408_4083_408322_6d_o_6dd6efe1c80997f5178cbdd7b4c4fa1b.jpg

But.......this guy did his research and is asking market value pretty much. I'd offer a cash/trade: $300 along with with a red/red 12X Twinsonic ($125 value) that I picked up in Lemmon, SD this past summer and restored, and a clear-lensed 55' Code 3 XL with four sealed beam rotators and sealed beam front flashers ($175-$200 value) that doesn't hold a strong spot with me in my collection, but I have doubts that he'd want to do this.

What would you do if this opportunity came up to get a bar as rare as this? Kinda torn at contacting him or not at this point.....:confused:

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
I don't know, bro. That's the short version of the bar and it looks to be in pretty good shape. I would do everything in my power to try to add it to my collection, but that's just me.

Reactions: southpaw
Jun 18, 2013
PA
To be honest how bad do you want it?
This is a CTS-S bar and as far as I can tell is pretty much the holy grail of CTS bars.

His asking price is less then I have seen them go for previously.
If you want it.. I would jump on it.. probably not gonna last long.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Well, I'll see what I can do. Maybe the lure of a couple of other vintage bars and $300 cash will do some talking. Maybe, maybe not.

Will keep y'all posted! Wish me luck....yee.... :confused:

Jun 18, 2013
PA
The ad says it comes with an extra red and an extra blue dome. If the red dome is from a CTS, you’re probably in “bargain” territory at $650.

Honestly the blue domes put you in bargain territory..

southpaw

May 7, 2015
South-West
Somebody has been into it as the speaker grille is on backwards or the red dome is, something like that... Not that its a bad thing, just a heads up.. Its a rare one for sure!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I'm glad the wife had a say in this deal!
WP_20171217_015.jpg
They agreed to let it go for less than the asking price. Drove up today, checked everything out, and took back the CTS1S, the extra lenses, and speaker grill.....at a bargain price of $400 :) . I didn't take the Unitrol siren/light controller (I don't need extra stuff laying around. Got enough already doing that). The extra lenses are a bit more rough, but I'll fix that ;-)

I say things worked out great for this collector's piece to make it into my hands! They were happy it was going to a good home where it'd be taken care of and appreciated :-D

The husband's godfather was lead inspector for the San Francisco underground municipality for a long while (dates unknown). When the gentleman passed away 5 years ago at 80 (R.I.P), the folks I met today inherited a lot of items from him. That CTS1S and its extras, two Unitrol siren/light controllers, and two amber AeroDynics (one was a Model 25EAH, the other was a ADL5200 model with the newer metal independent rotators utilizing the 795X bulbs, 3 on each side, and 795X halogen bulb end lamps and alley lights) was part of the inheritance.
WP_20171217_002.jpg

The people I met today had moved up from Carson City, Nevada and brought all that cool stuff with! Amazing the lightbars survived the drive. Nice folks, though, and I provided some helpful advice on the AeroDynics and Unitrols they had too.

If anybody here is interested in purchasing the AeroDynics or Unitrols, you can contact them via email here:
( p.bailey31@yahoo.com )

They are happy to ship, just in the lower 48 only ;-)

Last edited:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Yeah, I didn't have to trade those two lightbars of mine I mentioned, Southpaw, but I will be selling them soon to make up for this purchase.

I will make a more in-depth thread later on the CTS. Stay tuned for that one ;-D

Last edited:

H20

Jun 20, 2010
USA / Washington
Great score on all of that, they sound like nice folks.

Are you planning on keeping the extra blue dome?

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Great score on all of that, they sound like nice folks.

Are you planning on keeping the extra blue dome?
They were, man! The extra blue dome is pretty rough. Speaker cover side has a big crack going up one corner about 4 inches, and a small section of lip is missing from the end plate side. I'll get more pictures soon.

Reactions: H20

H20

Jun 20, 2010
USA / Washington
If it's something that could be cleaned/polished-up to be presentable for a static display where those imperfections can be hidden by the speaker cover and end plate I'd be interested it

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
It should work for display, but let me get it cleaned up a bit and I'll PM you some pics sometime this week or weekend, man.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Looks to be a nice haul!

And if you want to sell the extra speaker grill - I'm interested!

I'll keep ya in mind for that. I might not keep that item anyway. Just extra stuff again :-/

I'll post a new thread tonight on this lightbar at work so more of the resto work and such can be seen and talked about there and not here ;-)

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Nice grab there mister! I'm jealous:D
* In Sheriff Woody laugh* Ah haa.....ah haa.

Such a troll, Eric :D;):):cool:. You're the only one I know who's got more CTS1S bars than most, and they are showroom floor quality (but I can still power mine up :p. AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA........ha :D;). Ok, enough ribbin')

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Haha! Well, I'm sure I'll get bumped off the throne by somebody else in the near future, Southpaw, but I guess I can hang out on it 'til then :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.