Is there a good link for over the top chief vehicles, etc?

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
The Carbide box is capable of outputting 200w. If you connect two speakers to the speaker output wires on the Carbide box it will be 200w (1 is only 100w). These 2 speakers will always do the same thing.

If you add an external WeCan amplifier you connect a different speaker to that module separately, and it outputs 100w.

When you select on the hardware page that you have the siren expansion module, you are given the option to select 2 separate siren tones at the same time when configuring buttons/slide switches. 1 tone for the main 100w/200w Carbide box speaker output and 1 tone for the 100w WeCan amplifier speaker output. Hypothetically you could run 3 speakers outputting 300w in this setup.

Reactions: MadMike84

SA1

Dec 23, 2017
Oregon, US
I would suggest that you make it the same scheme as normal PV but with bold lining and reflective Wrap. Or have the same scheme with different colors Like Red which stands out.

SA1

Dec 23, 2017
Oregon, US
Also A great upgrade is to make it a Ghost Design (Shadow Gray with red lining). it looks Fancy and catches the eye. like this one.
Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 1.50.03 PM.png

Reactions: MadMike84

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I’m not a fan of ghost graphics for fire/EMS vehicles. The purpose of them is for certain LE units to be more discreet in normal traffic but still marked when they pull someone over; IMO there’s no reason for stealth graphics on fire/EMS vehicles....either mark them with regular graphics or don’t mark them at all, but don’t be a tool and make it an all black install that makes it look like you’re a cop.

A fire admin vehicle can have a full graphics package with 360 striping, or (if it’s not a frontline unit responding to all calls) it can have a few basic graphics like the dept logo on the doors & liftgate and call it a day

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
Rotorays in the grill?

RotoSquad.jpg.ecf28da522aec462af1308f9bcc99349.jpg

CEpcZv2W8AECngi.jpg

Reactions: FiremanSketch

FiremanSketch

Dec 17, 2014
Lake Arrowhead
I’m not a fan of ghost graphics for fire/EMS vehicles. The purpose of them is for certain LE units to be more discreet in normal traffic but still marked when they pull someone over; IMO there’s no reason for stealth graphics on fire/EMS vehicles....either mark them with regular graphics or don’t mark them at all, but don’t be a tool and make it an all black install that makes it look like you’re a cop.

A fire admin vehicle can have a full graphics package with 360 striping, or (if it’s not a frontline unit responding to all calls) it can have a few basic graphics like the dept logo on the doors & liftgate and call it a day

Pdk... You're preaching to the choir, brother. I worked for an agency that had purchased a PIU as a chief's vehicle. Was all white, with silverleaf lettering. To top it off, they threw a FS Legend on the roof.... with red domes.

I wish I was making this up...

Reactions: prty

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
The OP said this was police.
How often would the chief respond to a scene?
No point spending money on fitting out a car that spends most of it's time as a commuter between home, the station and city hall.
If it's primarily a takehome/PR car then I'd keep is simple and classy. Grille/push bar lights, HLF, front visor light, sidekicks and a rear deck light. I wouldn't even bother with running a dual speaker siren. Select a sensible pattern and synch it all properly and use proper markings and it'll stand out and look classy.
Heck, if you haven't gotten the car yet I'd just order it with the Ford ready for the road lighting package and call it good.
Otherwise I'd just run the same setup the rest of the fleet has.

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
Just wanted to show what ended up happening with the build. I forgot I didn't post a video of it. I think it turned out pretty solid. They ended up not going with the Carbide system unfortunately so I did the best I could with the syncing. The customer was satisfied. Some of my first bits of dealing with video editing so, please bare with me :)

Last edited:

LineSpotter

Nov 6, 2013
AmericanSouthwest
Just my opinion so take it for what its worth....$0.00 ;)

-Grill
-Mirror
-Side 'vent' lights
-Rear deck lights
Good but should have all been synced to alternate left-right
I would run the passenger side headliner on steady burn

White DRL flashers not very effective, I wouldn't have used them
Rear light housing flashers not very effective, I wouldn't have used them
Rocker panel lights not effective, and look incredibly tacky

Tacky as in.......

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
When you say left to right your meaning the whole left side at one time then the whole right side?

I actually like the Tracers on the rocker panel. I think most of it is personal preference. Also, at night they do a really good job for alley lighting as this one doesn't have a lightbar.

Edit: Yea I think I see what you mean. It would have looked better with the left side then right side.
I know you can sync the mirror lights and the vertex, but I don't think I could have synced the whelen tracer with vertex, and ions.

Last edited:

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
Hey Mike,
Nicely done. Your correct about the tracers, but everything else can be, and if not steady burn and an external flasher works too. the car came out awesome

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.