Italian lightbar Sirena

lapshin

May 29, 2015
Moscow Russia
Hello friends, i am russian member, just bought Sirena Elektra lightbar, delivered to Russia from Italy in 1994 for armored money transport. Fresh new, not installed yet. Looks like copy of american lightbars (which one?), and has three typical american sounds: wail, yelp, hi-lo. Interesting, cause italian police and ambulance have another sounds. Pictures of disassembling and video will follow.

Attachments

• _MG_7143.JPG
    _MG_7143.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 155

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
It mildly resembles a Whelen 8000 strobe bar. I like the look of the siren controller!

Pretty neat piece, Im sure I speak for everyone when I say a video would be awesome!

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Jul 14, 2014
NV
Appears to be strobe, would love to see the lenses off of it to see the insides. And of course a video.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Looks like a more modern mix of the Whelen 8000 and the Federal Signal Aerodynic. I look forward to seeing more of this bar, looks very interesting!

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
I've got now 2 of these sausage, amber and blue flavors, could not find any pictures of them on the web. (this post is the exception) are there any photos available of these Sirena Elektra lightbars used on vehicles? would love to know!

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
Thanks! OliverD, that's awesome! Also really like the chromed speaker grill, mine is sadly painted white. Now restoring, will add some photos later today.

OliverD

Dec 31, 2016
Belgium
The control box was designed to be inserted in the music box housing of the european cars.
In 1990, an emergency doctor car "Ford Station Wagon" was equiped with this bar with two rotators inside ; it wasn't bright because the European blue domes where too much dark.
The SW with this big hight bar was very ugly :confused: compared to the next car they got : a Volvo V70 SW vith a FS Smart Vector Clear-B-B-B-B-B-Clear :p

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Well now I know where they got the idea for the light on this Hess Truck
I always thought it looked goofy.

1994-2.jpg

Reactions: StEaLtH2 and FCV96

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Tutto bene!

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The siren looks like it has a detachable mic with a 1/4" angled phone plug. I like the coloured pushbuttons.

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
still looking for an image of the rotators used in this light bar...i found a nice french pictures of this giant bar on this tiny car. Any help appreciated! b206fb7254.jpg14345b047f.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.