It's gotten a bit cliche already...

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Sad. Such a waste.

The gun blame is nothing new. This is really sad and frightening to most people.... People want to feel safe. So other people push their own agenda and pass it off as safety.... No one wants to be told that if some person wants to kill people their is only so much that can be done. If you want to kill others and don't care if you live or die.... all the rules, regulations and enforcement in the world do nothing. But....people need to feel safe.... and people need an outlet... something to blame. A race, an object, a person, a policy.... sometimes it's guns. Guns, like cars and chainsaws, they just sit there until an idiot touches them.... but... they are specifically weapons, which makes them scary, which makes them a good anger and fear transferal target.

tldr; Sadly, nothing new here, just people with a cause exploiting a tragedy.

:rant:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
John hit the nail on the head. As that old addage goes, a gun can sit on a shelf for 100 years and never kill a single living thing

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
What truly is angering is that the murderer will off pretty easily. He just needs to cry about his daddy doing his mommy in front of him, and how horribly he was scarred mentally, and that justifies his actions. He'll get off, and they'll continue to restrict our rights until we are living in actual cages. They need a target to unload their emotions? Fry the bastard.

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
I don't understand how Nassau County PD doesn't have a mandatory vest rule. The officer very well may have survived, had he been wearing his vest.

No one would pull over a suspected hit and run guy without their service weapon, why would they without their vest??

I'm not blaming the officer for his own death, Its just that I want to make other's aware that wearing a vest is a must!

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
Mandatory vest wear? The Unions would go nuts. How dare any agency mandate the wear of body armor. Idiots.

He should have been wearing armor. He was not. He died. Honestly, the officer bears the responsibility for his death as well as the perp since he made no effort whatsoever to protect himself in a proactive manner.

Wear your fucking armor. If you choose not to, it's on you if you die from an otherwise survivable hit to the torso. Officer that CHOOSE not to wear their armor are a liability to their partners.

RickLBZ

Sep 9, 2010
Miami, Fl.
"A murderous ex-con blew away a Nassau County cop and an innocent motorist Tuesday during a rampage that ended when he shot himself and was captured after a massive manhunt."

Any one else bothered by the news stating "blew away?" Seems unprofessional and insensitive to any family reading it.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
RickLBZ said:
"A murderous ex-con blew away a Nassau County cop and an innocent motorist Tuesday during a rampage that ended when he shot himself and was captured after a massive manhunt."

Any one else bothered by the news stating "blew away?" Seems unprofessional and insensitive to any family reading it.
Just wait a bit...the news will look more like a rap battle: "Tha' homie popped that dawg when he disrespected his brotha's gufrend. MMM-HMMM!"

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
RickLBZ said:

I think it's a bit more unprofessional to include the picture of the mans body laying in the street. I'd would rather read that than see the picture of my family member laying in the road.

RIP.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
firefighter7017 said:
I think it's a bit more unprofessional to include the picture of the mans body laying in the street. I'd would rather read that than see the picture of my family member laying in the road.

RIP.
If you're expecting to see common decency and respect from the media, you're going to be very disappointed. No doubt the higher-ups are drinking champagne to celebrate such a well-photographed scene.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
wouldent it be nice to have some 3rd world country laws here in the States. I have seen countless people i have arrested out in the streets doing the same usual crap over and over again because the Justice System sucks. Alot of people out on Bond or Parole out and about doing the same crime or a worse crime again and again because the justice system is to slow to react or is just plain failed. I would LOVE to have a justice system that would act swiftly to a crime. You murder someone fine take him out back of the courthouse and hang em NEXT what did you do break into a house hang him also NEXT your a drug dealer selling poison to children hang him also NEXT. You would see less crime i promise you and you would also save alot of money feeding these pieces of crap in jail wasting our air and space.

As a police officer seeing the way the justice system works first hand i can tell you its a damn joke!

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
EMT-BLS said:
If you're expecting to see common decency and respect from the media, you're going to be very disappointed. No doubt the higher-ups are drinking champagne to celebrate such a well-photographed scene.

Agreed. It's pathetic, really.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.