Japanese Musical Vans (Only in Japan!)

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I recorded this video the last time my wife and I were visiting her family. I'd keep hearing music that was like an ice cream truck, only with lyrics. I asked my wife and she said that they were vans selling cooking gas. In the summer, they sell sweet potatoes. No ice cream trucks in Japan. Go figure. Your options are gas and sweet potatoes. This truck was playing a song thanking people for their business.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
JDI product. You're welcome.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Driven by anime?

If it was driven by anime.. I'd imagine something coming down the street like Baby Metal... lol

Reactions: WhelenNDealin

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
If it was driven by anime.. I'd imagine something coming down the street like Baby Metal... lol

Or J-Pop from some group with 5400 members or so.

Had to ask the missus what Baby Metal is. Her response: "It's an idol group. Their songs are like torture." In that case, I suppose it'd be like J-Pop group in terms of the cringe factor. According to my wife, nobody listens to a lot of those J-Pop idol groups or goes to their shows except creepy men (surprise, surprise). Thankfully, she deplores J-Pop and her comments about it never cease to amuse me.

@JazzDad, how the hell do you know all of this random stuff? We need to compare notes someday.

Last edited:

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Creepy men?

View attachment 212191

(I prefer Band-Maid.)

Even creepier than Dr. Smith. They're creepy by Japanese standards. Weapons-grade creepiness that'll make you cringe so badly that people will think that you're convulsing and doesn't make your skin crawl; it makes it run full-tilt. Your skin will crawl so badly that it'll outrun The Flash.

Me personally, I prefer Osaka Monaurail or Sadistic Mika Band/The Sadistics. Actual musicians and not just some cutsey stage show.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.