Japanese PATLITE Teardrops and Clarion AA-227A Siren

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
i really like the buttons and how they are laid out

Same here. Very simple yet efficient and effective. Japanese products seem to work in extremes. They either are totally bizarre and make no sense or are really frigging clever in what they do and how they're designed. They make some really top notch products.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
From 2007; took a while to find
View attachment 216648

It's so kawaiiiiii ^_^!!!

Yet another "Only in Japan" product. If PATLITE made these, they might have just taken a step from "Japanese company that produces sensible and efficient products that are well designed and totally explicable" towards "Japanese company that produces inexplicable Japanese products."

I wonder what hoodlums running amok on school properties think? "Oh kuso! Flashing rabbits! Let's get outta here!"

I asked my wife about school security patrols. She'd never seen, nor heard of them but said: "Must be for private schools."

Reactions: kitn1mcc

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Ok. I'm going to be looking on that auction site just for the うさぎ(usagi; rabbit) shaped covers. I need something that instantly screams "Japanese!" in my collection. Something more Japanese than a Japanese siren with buttons with Japanese characters on them and that has electronic voice tones speaking in Japanese.

She'd murder me outright if she found out that I revealed it to the denizens of eLB, but my nickname for my wife is Usagi (don't anyone dare ask why; it's not what you think it is). I think, no, I know that some of these covers would be a perfect birthday present for her.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Here's the Clarion AA-226A. It emits a hi-low that's different than the newer PATLITE sirens. It still has both a standard hi-low and a harmonic hi-low. Just wanted to add that all of the Clarion sirens have a test function that emits a quieter version of the siren's tone. With the older units, it's the small switch in the lower right corner. This switch is also used to select tone variants. For example, with the AA-228F, it selects between the 4 and 8 second peak between rises and falls. With the AA-227A and AA-228G, it's simply used for tests.

Also, the small port above the mic in on the Clarion sirens is used for connecting to a cassette deck for emitting a pre-recorded message, such as a public safety alert.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.