Jeep Cherokee - EMS Admin Vehicle

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
This is my work vehicle, a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude. I am the Ambulance Operations Manager for a county government ambulance service. I'm the head of the agency and the only administrative person.

Initially I didn't have a work vehicle but I decided to upgrade to a pickup and this was all paid off, so I kept it and made it for work. Legally, it's licensed as an ambulance service rescue vehicle and is a class A emergency vehicle (which allows for red/blue/white/amber lights and a siren), but I chose to go with all blue. New license plates are on the way.

Everything is feniex, but I'm looking to upgrade to some Soundoff Signal soon. Will be adding a mount for our tablet based CAD and a mobile radio soon (have it, just haven't installed it yet - working by portable and phone).

As for lighting, I'm going to move the LP lights to the grill horizontally, and I hate their pattern.

Front lighting:
  • LP: Feniex fusions
  • Cannons in both headlights
  • Fusion 2x dash light blue/bue

Side lighting:
  • Feniex T3s in blue
Rear lighting:
  • Fusion 2x blue/amber
  • Cannons in both reverse lights

All controlled by with a Typhoon. Siren tones are Wail/Yelp/Hi-Lo(my favorite).

Night time walk around:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Since you said you’re permitted to run all the colors, I would strongly recommend adding red into the mix on all sides (I think it’s silly to only run blue, since blue has it limitations, especially during the daytime).

I would also add a R/A fusion 2x to the rear headliner or center the B/A one that you already have there (looks a bit awkward offset to the driver side)

As for adding SOS, I’d suggest R/B intersectors under the side mirrors too

Reactions: timlinson

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
Since you said you’re permitted to run all the colors, I would strongly recommend adding red into the mix on all sides (I think it’s silly to only run blue, since blue has it limitations, especially during the daytime).

I would also add a R/A fusion 2x to the rear headliner or center the B/A one that you already have there (looks a bit awkward offset to the driver side)

As for adding SOS, I’d suggest R/B intersectors under the side mirrors too

I was thinking of replacing the headliner light with a nforce red/blue light. The rear fusion is offset to the driver's side, yea. Just personal preference.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
I like the offset, it's more California-esque.

That being said the rest of the car leaves a lot to be desired for any form of response. I'd do dual nForce dash light, one module red/white the other blue/white, mirror-mount intersectors in the same dual color, and possible a couple nForce modules in the grill or fogs.

Reactions: timlinson

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
I like the offset, it's more California-esque.

That being said the rest of the car leaves a lot to be desired for any form of response. I'd do dual nForce dash light, one module red/white the other blue/white, mirror-mount intersectors in the same dual color, and possible a couple nForce modules in the grill or fogs.
I’d like to do a HLF but that’s too advanced for me right now (as I install it all).

Blue was initially chosen as our state law says all EMS vehicles that are not ambulance service vehicles can only use blue, so I had to wait for it to get licensed before I added any other colors.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.