Jeep Compass LED TLF Question

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
Hi all, so I have LED taillights on my Compass. Pretty basic, 3 wires (BRAKE, RUNNING, GROUND) and they run on straight 12v. Can I simply purchase an LED flasher and tap into the BRAKE wire on each seperate light or will there be some type of feedback issue I'll need to deal with? I've read sometimes you need a flowback diode, sometimes you don't.

Thanks in advance!

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
If you want the lights to flash alternately, you'll need isolation diodes on both sides. It's would be a good idea to use diodes in any case, to avoid interference with the cruise control or other systems.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mainsail

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.