Jeep Wrangler.. Where to put lights?!

Uafan6988

May 30, 2010
Just bought a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in white. A little stuck where to put lights. I have 4 LIN4 (b/w), a miniphantom, and 3 dual talons (2 b/w & 1 b/b) from my previous vehicle. I'm open to purchasing new lights if I need to, but I'd like to keep what I have if I figure out where to put them. I have NO CLUE where to mount lights in this Jeep.

Someone help!!

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I would mount the b/b talon centered on the dash, put the lin4's in the grill area or on the bumper. and i would mount the b/w talons on the rear tailgate on the inside or if you have the hardtop i would mount them on the top. and maybe get a license plate bracket and put two tir3's on it and maybe some sound off ghosts for side warning. Oh and put the mini phantom up by your rear view mirror.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
2 LIN4's in the grill, 2 on the side of the bumper, talon(s) on the front dash/RVM area, then left over in the back.

Uafan6988

May 30, 2010
The top comes on and off constantly so there goes that idea. I don't need side warning as I don't clear intersections and the LIN4s look goofy in the grille.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Mount them on the front bumper then, and mount the talons on the back door.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Put 2 LIN 4's on the rear, between the bumper and tail gate.

pondfly

May 21, 2010
IL
When I had my old TJ, there were no such things as LED's for lighting. I had a soft top and what I did to the rear, was to put a pair or HAW's in the reverse, and then mounted a couple strobes on the inside uppers of the roll bar. As for the front, try not to put things on the dash as the defroster is right there and you may block it. I had mine above the mirror and then did grille.

I don't think you would be riding in the rain with the top off, so why not trade a B/W dual Talon for a B/A dual Talon. Then put a B/W above the RVM, LIN 4s in the grille, your B/B talon and a B/A talon on the rear roll bar along with LAWs in the tail lights.

pondfly

May 21, 2010
IL
Tlandreth22 said:
I don't think you would be riding in the rain with the top off, so why not trade a B/W dual Talon for a B/A dual Talon. Then put a B/W above the RVM, LIN 4s in the grille, your B/B talon and a B/A talon on the rear roll bar along with LAWs in the tail lights.
Any driving over 30mph and you're completely dry. It's not a Jeep thing, but a Wrangler thing :cool:

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
pondfly said:
Any driving over 30mph and you're completely dry. It's not a Jeep thing, but a Wrangler thing :cool:
Good to see other people on the site that are wrangler fanatics.

The Insider

Jul 18, 2010
Arizona
OK, let's say you had the hard top on the four door Wrangler and you did want to install a light bar. How would you do it? What are the options? Feel free to be creative.

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
The Insider said:
OK, let's say you had the hard top on the four door Wrangler and you did want to install a light bar. How would you do it? What are the options? Feel free to be creative.
Imo minibars look best on wranglers.

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
put the lin4s on a bracket between the tailgate and body, a dual talon centered in the windshield, or maybe 2 of them, other then that unless you want to get a headlight flasher and vertex's thats all i would do

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
The Insider said:
Get one of the lightsbars you use to mount the 4 spot lights across the roof and Mount 2 mini halo light bars on it over the driver and passenger side and in the middle 2 spot lights. excellent install right there.

Jul 11, 2010
Wisconsin
Here are my ideas, I tried to cheaply "photoshop" in what I would do with what lights you have now.

Picture #1

This is the set up for the front, put two of the LIN 4's on the bumper, the mini phantom above the rearview mirror, and the talon on the dash.

Picture #2

This is a shot from the inside (its very helpful to have a father who has a new Wrangler Unlimited and myself owning a 1992 Wrangler, father in the driver seat and me on the passenger)

Picture #3

And finally the rear end.

Picture #4

This is my Jeep and how I mounted lights

Pictures #5-6

And what I hope to get and build after a few years in the Coast Guard, but in maroon (again a cheap "photoshop" rendering)

I had troubles loading images so I went this route

White.jpg

34314_1469497693946_1128717608_31362982_343976_n.jpg

Whiterear.jpg

IMG00053-20100720-1447.jpg

Dream Jeep.jpg

Dream Jeep 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
on the rear there is the piece of metal that holds up the 3rd brake light. It comes out from behind the spare tire. Mount a piece of flatstock horizontally on that and then moun the lin4s on that. Get what im saying? We have a wrangler also

mjMIff

Jun 2, 2010
Mid-Michigan
The Insider said:

I was wondering if a full size lightbar would work using straps (no drills) on the part of the hardtop that covers the rear passengers and cargo. My thought is they would close into the rear passenger doors on a four door unlimited. Would the hardtop support this? I would imagine using a quick connect plug to be able to remove the final hardtop piece if necessary, although I doubt I would ever do that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.