JetSonic Lenses/Sections & Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
I have 3 outer dome sections for a Jet/MiniJet. 2 clear (8.5/10) and one red (7/10), and 2 "V" mirrors. The reason I rate the red lower is that there are some scratches (that look to be from an SOS pad) on the upper area of one side.... but they are not in the "viewing" area so won't affect visibility.

I also have 2 amber inserts, one 8.5/10 and the other 7.5/10.

Quite frankly, I have no idea what to ask for. Please make reasonable offers and we'll go from there.

Thanks folks!

amber.JPG

nakedbar.JPG

domes.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Oh... then I was misinformed. Thanks for clarifying!!

wmreader

Aug 3, 2012
ETex
The clear and red pictured domes are for the center of a full size Jetstream, they are not outers. I suppose you could use them all combined, with a pair of bulkheads and end cap lenses, to make a setup for a mini Jet.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
The clear and red pictured domes are for the center of a full size Jetstream, they are not outers. I suppose you could use them all combined, with a pair of bulkheads and end cap lenses, to make a setup for a mini Jet.
I believe that is the set up it had when he got it. Both endcaps and bulkheads are pictured. It was a neat set up I liked it!

Reactions: AJ3814

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Yes..... the bar as I bought it was a full MiniJet, with 3 domes making the "bar" whole, 2 clear outers, and a red center. The front of the bar was clear outers with a red center and the rear of the bar was a red center with the 2 amber inserts facing rear. I'm rebuilding it to be solid blue all the way around with fast rotators and diagonal mirrors, so I have no need for the "domes" (or sections thereof) or the amber inserts. I just said "outers" because I didn't know the correct terminology for the domes that encased the amber filters. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

wmreader

Aug 3, 2012
ETex
OK, so technically in your bar's case, those two clears were outers, but in the real world, they are centers. :p

That is certainly a different lens setup from any I have ever seen on a mini Jet. The only other custom dome setup I've encountered was a mini with a couple of true outer domes that had been cut down and shared a single bulkhead. It actually looked pretty decent.

It's always interesting to see what folks can come up with to make something work!

Reactions: AJ3814

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Yes..... it was a true mini with 3 "center domes" connected to make a correct mini bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.