Jetstream UPDATED VIDEO 1-14-13

elite907

May 23, 2010
Indiana, USA
Those domes look really nice on there. Glad to see they arrived in 1 piece.You may try to use a Trailer wiring harness plug for the multiple lightbar application,So that way you can use the Unitrol on each bar.

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
elite907 said:
Those domes look really nice on there. Glad to see they arrived in 1 piece.You may try to use a Trailer wiring harness plug for the multiple lightbar application,So that way you can use the Unitrol on each bar.

Yup safe and sound, Thanks so much!! Really sets the bar off, now starting the Jetsonic. Now that trailer wire harness plug, that I didnt think about, damn good idea! :thumbsup:

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
Captain4164 said:
And I did paint the tops black, just for effect, like they should have been, I think

JetSonics originally came with domes that had the tops blacked out. However, as the JetStream (and other lightbars in the Jet family) was introduced, the tops of the domes came with a frosted look to them. The newer your Jet lightbar is, the less of a chance there was that your domes would be blacked out on top.

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
dg0223 said:
JetSonics originally came with domes that had the tops blacked out. However, as the JetStream (and other lightbars in the Jet family) was introduced, the tops of the domes came with a frosted look to them. The newer your Jet lightbar is, the less of a chance there was that your domes would be blacked out on top.

Ok, good to know, thanks for the info! Maybe since IM doin a Jetsonic, Ill switch these specific domes to the Jetsonic, and put the other ones on this bar.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Captain4164 said:
Thanks Skip.

lmao, the thing on the dash is a Carvell Ice Cream New York Yankees ice cream dish! Had it since I lived in Jersey

That's cool (no pun intended!). Looks like a Fireball. Thought you might be giving Dan some competition. :haha: Joisey? Youse are from Joisey? That's o.k., my dad was from Fall River, Mass! They talk as funny as youse guys! :D

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
Skip Goulet said:
That's cool (no pun intended!). Looks like a Fireball. Thought you might be giving Dan some competition. :haha: Joisey? Youse are from Joisey? That's o.k., my dad was from Fall River, Mass! They talk as funny as youse guys! :D

Yup, Joisey, born in Paterson, raised in Pompton Lakes.

Yeah that Carvell helmet Ive had since I was about 5 or 6 years old. I had a two scoop of chocolate ice cream with hot fudge and whipped creme on it and a cherry in that thing! lol

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Captain4164 said:
Yup, Joisey, born in Paterson, raised in Pompton Lakes.

Yeah that Carvell helmet Ive had since I was about 5 or 6 years old. I had a two scoop of chocolate ice cream with hot fudge and whipped creme on it and a cherry in that thing! lol

When I was a kid I went to a Catholic school here in Midland. For many, many years it was staffed by the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Conception. Their order is from E. Paterson! You probably saw some of them when you were a kid.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
That JetStream turned out great! Excellent protection to the rear with three flashing ambers and I like the use of the center section for the steady burn red. :thumbsup:

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
I bought a Mequires Headlight Restoration kit today at the auto parts store.

Has 1000 and 3000 wet sand paper and a foam hand block and a bottle of plastic polish.

Tried it out on one of the domes pictured in the first few pictures of this thread.

I can see the need for going one or two levels beyond 3000. The yellow is gone and its clear, but still has just a little hint of a haze.

Ill post pics of it tomorrow, too dark to see the difference

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
The headlight restoration kits are not bad, but I found it was more economical to buy wet-or-dry sand paper in various grits, then use paint rubbing and paint polishing compounds, then finish with Meguire's PlastX.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Captain4164 said:
Yeah, I can see that, and now I know how to do it, so I will probably do the same. but now at least I have some extra tools to use for doing it. The kit was only 20 bucks so no big deal.

You'll want to use the finest sandpaper you can find, Nick, to avoid scratching the plastic.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.