Joe Dorgan

Status
Not open for further replies.

toyotafan

Jun 24, 2012
Indiana
Is this guy a member? Does anyone know him?
Well I bought some brand new Federal parts for him $450 and sent to him, in return for some new Old Federal Domes
I never got the domes and after 3 months he doesn't respond to my emails for payment to me. What kind of guy is he??

Any ideas how to get my $$$

Thanks
tim

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
I stopped trying to deal with him quite awhile back. He is running that business into the ground. The fact that a man can stick you for $450 speaks volumes on his character. There are same complaints on him over on some of the FB groups.

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
He's not that knowledgeable either. When I sent him a pic years back showing him a Whelen 5000PA he tried to tell me it was a Do-Ray light. True story!!

Reactions: Tony P

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
That's too bad! I called him 2-3 times over the past year searching for a dime for a Distz 211/711, & he never calls back. His dad seemed like a stand-up guy, but sadly passed away just a few years ago.
I'd contact his local DIstrict Attorney's office & ask if you can file a complaint. His dad's house & shop was in Arizona I think, but I can't recall the city. If you find the address perhaps send him a certify letter notifying to refund your money or face prosecution.

Reactions: Lightbarnut

Lightbarnut

Jun 9, 2010
Palatka, Florida.
Wow, finally!! A thread dedicated to the lying, thieving, deceitful bastard known as Joe Dorgan. Some of my thoughts on that POS are in the Propello Ray thread linked above. Tucson, AZ is where he is. Tucson PD won't touch him, already tried. He stole a perfect Fireball FB-1, 17 skirt and a couple domes from me. I'm all in with any ideas we come up with to make this guy pay. Class action suit, anyone? More than enough evidence.

Reactions: Heavyrescue

Lightbarnut

Jun 9, 2010
Palatka, Florida.
I haven't seen any posts on the FB groups with complaints about him. Those need to be linked or screenshots added to this thread. AZ State Attorneys Office will get another call from me on Monday telling them that even more people are coming forward about this fraud. If enough people call them and make complaints, they'll have to do something.

toyotafan

Jun 24, 2012
Indiana
I was y his house in Tuscon a few months ago and met his sister, she is very nice. I wish I had goten her phone number.
I met with Joe for over an hour, he showed me the work shop and what he does. Iwas tring to get some domes from him, but he said he would pay me. I wish I knew then, what I know now. Maybe I need to fly back out there and meet with his sister and him

BIGD

Apr 23, 2012
Stevens Point, WI
Well you can add me to the list of unhappy customers of Joe Dorgan. I was friends with his Dad John and bought many items from him over the years as well as had several restorations done that were top notch. John was a man of his word and very respected in the beacon and siren world. When his son Joe took over the business he continued his Dad's respectable business. I bought and traded several items with Joe with no issues. Then in June of 2014 I made a deal with him on a large lot of items. I sent him $1000 via PayPal. Ever since I sent him the money he pretty much vanished. Then before I knew it I was over the time line with Paypal to file a dispute. I tried emailing and calling for two years straight with no response. I did get his sister once and she was very nice. I did get Joe on the phone one time after talking to his sister. We spoke for about 20 minutes. He told me he was going through alot of personal problems. I guess a divorce and a new girlfriend that took him for a boat load of cash. I thought he would come around after his personal issues. Since that phone call back in 2015 I haven't been able to get ahold of him. I still have not received a single item from him. He owns me some beacons, a bunch of sirens, and some domes. He has a Mars siren base he is holding hostage. In addition I sent him several items that I never got paid for. I normally am pretty quiet on this forum but Joe has my blood boiling. Any help you guys and girls can give would be very much appreciated. Count me in if anyone decides to start a class action suit. Thanks,
Derek

toyotafan

Jun 24, 2012
Indiana
Well you can add me to the list of unhappy customers of Joe Dorgan. I was friends with his Dad John and bought many items from him over the years as well as had several restorations done that were top notch. John was a man of his word and very respected in the beacon and siren world. When his son Joe took over the business he continued his Dad's respectable business. I bought and traded several items with Joe with no issues. Then in June of 2014 I made a deal with him on a large lot of items. I sent him $1000 via PayPal. Ever since I sent him the money he pretty much vanished. Then before I knew it I was over the time line with Paypal to file a dispute. I tried emailing and calling for two years straight with no response. I did get his sister once and she was very nice. I did get Joe on the phone one time after talking to his sister. We spoke for about 20 minutes. He told me he was going through alot of personal problems. I guess a divorce and a new girlfriend that took him for a boat load of cash. I thought he would come around after his personal issues. Since that phone call back in 2015 I haven't been able to get ahold of him. I still have not received a single item from him. He owns me some beacons, a bunch of sirens, and some domes. He has a Mars siren base he is holding hostage. In addition I sent him several items that I never got paid for. I normally am pretty quiet on this forum but Joe has my blood boiling. Any help you guys and girls can give would be very much appreciated. Count me in if anyone decides to start a class action suit. Thanks,
Derek
Thanks Derek,
I am learning alot from everyones responses. While Joe was taken for money from his problems, hes now taking it from us. We really need to do something before some one else gets taken. I am not sure how we go about this, but something has to be done!!!
Thanks
tim

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Most police depts wont touch this kind of stuff. They look at it more as a civil issue then a criminal one. Since this will obviously involve victims out of their direct jurisdiction, it gives the local authorities a reason not to get involved. I would say your best bet is to go on line and research what enforcement unit the the state of Arizona may have to handle cases like this. Most of them have a special unit that investigates things like this. It might be a unit of the AGs office.

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Ok, so it is now established that there is an obvious problem with this individual. This forum section is meant to establish contact with an individual to begin resolving a dispute.

Unless you have an active dispute, no other replies are allowed to be posted in here, and they will be deleted.

toyotafan

Jun 24, 2012
Indiana
Ok, so it is now established that there is an obvious problem with this individual. This forum section is meant to establish contact with an individual to begin resolving a dispute.

Unless you have an active dispute, no other replies are allowed to be posted in here, and they will be deleted.
Ok, so where do you post thinks like this??? I asked your administrator 4 days ago and no one responded.

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Ok, so where do you post thinks like this??? I asked your administrator 4 days ago and no one responded.

I am a site Administrator, I was not made aware, I cannot speak for any other member, Moderator, or Admin of this site.

Also, is not mine an active dispute with Joe??

I never said yours was not. You simply happened to be the last person who had posted. If you have a problem with something a Site Staff member does or says, take it to PM. Unfortunately I cannot link to the Site Rules anymore, however they formerly said (paraphrased) that "ANY question of a Staff member's action should be discussed via PM, not publicly."

If you wish to question/discuss what I, or any other Staff member posts from hereon out, you must take it to a Private Message.

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
There are atleast 2 Joe Dorgans with different middle initials who had actions filed against them on the Pima County website when you search his name. Thats why I asked which one is he???

Heavyrescue

Sep 7, 2016
Texas
Joe F and Francis Dorgan. He has already had 3 court dates for this hot check matter. Once, he didn't show up and had a warrant for failure to appear.

Heavyrescue

Sep 7, 2016
Texas
How did you file? I would like to file for what he owes me also?

If he wrote you a hot check, you can file criminal charges (felony depending on amount) with the Pima County District Attorney. I have yet to files charges against him for non-payment on another sale. It likely will be filed in civil court.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
"Failure to appear on criminal offense; warrant"

"8/25/2016 10:17 A"

Heavyrescue

Sep 7, 2016
Texas
does he have atorney? why does it get delayed?

He has now had 4 extensions, two of which he failed to show up.
No lawyers seem to be involved. Why he isn't in jail is beyond belief.
The $50 current balance is for failure to appear and warrant charges.

Lightbarnut

Jun 9, 2010
Palatka, Florida.
It's obvious why he isn't in jail. I called Tucson Police about him AND the AZ Attorney General's Office months ago. TPD wouldn't touch him, and the AG had no interest in it even after being given all the details of my case and that he's still actively running a fraudulent business and has stolen thousands. Law doesn't matter anymore.

Reactions: Heavyrescue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.