Just because I could....

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
I had to do it. I just HAD to! :cool:

Here is my latest addition to "The Sub". A pair of Whelen Par46 2 degree spotlights installed into Dietz Buckets. They are hooked to a Whelen ULF44 LED Flasher.

Mode 1 = Wig Wag

Mode 2 = Steady (Triggered by Hi-Beams)

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_Sub1_zps8c934a84.jpg

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_Sub2_zpsb9419353.jpg

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
Dig the CPI speaker with the 700s. I remember seeing the smaller one with strobes and always wanting one. Years later I found out they used to make the one like you have and thought how cool it would be to put leds in one.

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
dmathieu said:
I love innovation!!!

Innovation? Hmmm... I thought it was psychosis! :)

Marc M said:
Dig the CPI speaker with the 700s. I remember seeing the smaller one with strobes and always wanting one. Years later I found out they used to make the one like you have and thought how cool it would be to put leds in one.

Sadly, the smaller CPI mounts, will not accommodate the 400 series LEDs. They were the smaller MicroMaxbeam sized heads. Now with THAT being said, if you do find one of the smaller units, they WILL accept Tomar 3x4 LEDs. Tomar still uses the smaller dimensions. Good luck in your search! ;)

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
ford-dealer said:
Sadly, the smaller CPI mounts, will not accommodate the 400 series LEDs. They were the smaller MicroMaxbeam sized heads. Now with THAT being said, if you do find one of the smaller units, they WILL accept Tomar 3x4 LEDs. Tomar still uses the smaller dimensions. Good luck in your search! ;)

And I just happen to have a pair of Red/Blue RECT-34 LEDs if someone needs 'em (one all red, one all blue).

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
ford-dealer said:
Innovation? Hmmm... I thought it was psychosis! :)

Back in the early '90s I advised Whelen why the 3"X4" micromax strobes were failing at a high rate. The mirroring in that housing went too far back, above and below the base of the flash tube the mirroring was squarely opposed causing overheating at the focal point, the flash tube. They seemed to blow me off then scrapped the whole line shortly after. Tomar blacked that portion out by not dipping into the chrome plating tank as deeply.

:duh:

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
crescentstar69 said:
Why does that Ford have a GMC grille?

It is a very limited edition.... :p

canonninja

Aug 27, 2013
Houston, Tx
I'd almost like to see a side-by-side comparing these with the TruckLite LED spots and route-clearance lights that are popping up all over Ebay now (in 12v too).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.