just bought a new light

lehman91

May 21, 2010
just bought a steath show-me at a yard sale foor $25 was wondering if it was worth it. I will put some pics up when i get camra out it reaaly nice though came with the red clear and blue lens for it. The light is a little dirty sat in a barn for a few years but i think it will be eazy to clean.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA

Stendec

May 21, 2010
I always thought they looked better than they actually worked, but at $25, I hate you.

Somewhere in an Ohio DOT warehouse should be a buttload of those, now that they have gone over to LEDs.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Stendec said:
I always thought they looked better than they actually worked, but at $25, I hate you.

Somewhere in an Ohio DOT warehouse should be a buttload of those, now that they have gone over to LEDs.

I had a good bit of success at enhancing them by blacking out the top or gluing soup can lids inside the stobe filters... the sun washes out the 360 degree stobes bad otherwise.

cory y

May 21, 2010
They now make these in led with the same kind of patterns and brightness tht is very close to the strobe

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
Stendec said:

I've seen some ex DOT p/u trucks with them still on top..

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
they are kewl, but i prefer the Force version. The stealth has alot of wasted space on it. IMO

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
triton911bj said:
they are kewl, but i prefer the Force version. The stealth has alot of wasted space on it. IMO

Agreed

Resale, expect to get sub-$150 shipped. And, these are $15-$20 for shipping because of the wasted space.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.