Just curious

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
How many Ham radio operators are in here among us QFL folks?

And no, radio (including Children's Band a.k.a. CB) is not dead in fact it is thriving.

Neil
KD0TDG

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
Do most of my activity on 2m just because Im listening to work stuff too. And weather spotting while Im off. Love HF skip when I have chance....and working rig.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
DE KC3AFW. I'm on 2M, had fun with community service events for a while, but I haven't been on much since joining fire and EMS. I'd like to get into the experimental and technical stuff some day.

Reactions: HCSO249

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
I'm trying to gather funds for a nice mobile-HAM set up. I work for 3 agencies now, so it may come in handy one day. :D

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Tommorow when I'm at work I will post the thread for the ham radio thread unless some one beats me to it lol

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
You can disregard on that....found it after I posted this one.

look at this way...if a guy wanted to read something from years ago...read Tale of two cities or War & Peace. lol ;)

Reactions: Tony P

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
No foul meant if my previous was taken that way guys.

I'm not saying that Jarred J's post was meant as the following but it certainly could be misconstrued in this fashion.

Rant: Forums have real bad tendencies to down members for sparking a repeat topic but also if they post to one that's been inactive for a time regardless if they have something pertinent to add or not. So one has a choice...Get dis't for replying to an old post; Get dis't for starting a fresh new thread...or just say nothing and never get to know any fellow members or get questions answered. So on that note, I'm sorry Jarred J if I seemed like I was being dick towards you. Wasn't meaning for it to be but Im very sharped tongued, cynical and apathetic towards innocent comments of those types if it rubs me wrong in the slightest.

Again apologies to all

NKS

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
No harm on my part, but each site has its own rules.... you should check ours out and welcome to elghtbars.... :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.