just got a 99 f250 what to do

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
as the topic states, i just got my 99 f250 work truck, and its going to serve dual purposes, it has a detachable plow on the front , and cabinets around the sides,

now it will be used for mostly 2 things,

1-snow plowing and

2- going on ems calls for my volly ambulance

so im not quite sure what to do with it,

currently it was 2 amber linz6 in the rear and 2 strobes in the front, now i know it has alot of potential, but not sure what to do

and also i have an old halogen ambulance vista bar laying around i may want to throw on, but i may want to convert part of it to strobe or led, and put some stuff to the rear of the bar

soo yea i need ideas .. thanks

emtmike

tomx20

Aug 17, 2010
Budget, colors?

I'd do two grille lights, windsheld LEDs of some sort, a traffic advisor in the rear, strobes in the rear, lic. plate LEDs, and some sort of side warning too

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Maybe put red or blue (whichever color volunteer EMTs use in your state) on the top level of the bar, and add amber LEDs to the bottom level for plowing.

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
ok well i have a vista bar from an old ambulance, in ny we use red and white,

the bar is red/clear/amber/red

the rear of the bar is empty due to the fact that it was an ambulance bar, currently as stated before i have corner strobes in the front and 2 linz6 in the back,

i was thinking of having the amber front flashers go on when the bar is on and also the when plowing having them flash and have the clear stingers on when plowing

i have an amber single talon,and 2 amber lin6,i may use, but i am wondering what to use and set up since im using it for ems and plowing

bdd012

Sep 10, 2010
South Jersey
Strobes in the headlights and tailights. The amber lin 6 in the rear, one on each side on the cabinets in the back. Looks good there a buddy of mine has it. I'd say light bar, go amber since you want 360 warning when plowing, and a dash light and grill lights for your response. Just an idea that wont cost you too much money if you are on a budget

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
alright, after some thought, and some donations this is what i have, on the truck there is currently front corner strobes and the rear linz6 amber

i was given a vista bar, 1 single amber talon and i have 2 amber lin6 , a whelen siren and speaker, the bar is red clear and amber , not sure where to place the lin6,

also i have a few deckblasters , i may throw 2 red ones up in the rear,any input on them ?

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
well time to hold off on the plans, truck is down for a while, something is wrong with the brake and the tranny, hopefully going to have it on the road within 2 weeks, then going to be doing it up,

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.