Just in!! My New Cali-spec Federal Signal Highlighter

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Hello fellow collectors!

I just received my NOS Cali-spec Highlighter. This is one of the earlier style highlighters with metal base and metal reflectors. Much better quality than the plastic ones offered now in my opinion. Sorry about the poor lighting, it wasn't sunny here in Cali today!

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CAL_H.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CAL_H1.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CAL_H2.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CAL_H3.jpg

Thanks for looking and stay tuned.........

Last edited by a moderator:

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Those are AeroDynic's reflectors, right?

Very original mini-bar! Are the filters custom-made or were they available like this? I only see diamond mirrors in there, usually.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I think they're Streethawk rotators.

The filters are available as an option from FedSig. That's why the center section has that indentation, so the filters can be easily installed on the outside without the need to remove the dome.

Much more typical with Highlighters is a single diagonal mirror; diamond mirrors are available, but they're very rare, and not available at all on strobe models.

Love it! A video would be awesome. (Maybe swap the right-hand red filter for a blue one?)

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
The fixed reflectors certainly look like Aerodynic fixed reflectors, the rotators might be Streethawk.

That's certainly a neat little package.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Looks awesome! You have another one with R/B rotator filters, correct? Also, who uses minibars in CA? Aren't POVs essentially non-existent?

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
philyumpshus said:
Looks awesome! You have another one with R/B rotator filters, correct? Also, who uses minibars in CA? Aren't POVs essentially non-existent?
yes, this is my second one. the other one is red/blue. mini-bars are found on golf carts or small carts and yes, there are hardly any POV's.

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
those actually aren't that rare, the forest service use those on all of their medium duty brush trucks from the mid eighties till recently. I have seen forest service trucks with 2 of these bars mounted w/ 1 flashing and 1 steady, both flashing and both steady, guess it depended on what the mechanics wanted to do.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Anyone one have a diamond mirror lying around that's in decent shape?

Black Hoe

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
I had the same color configuation set-up for CA spec back in 1992. It was a magnetic mount model HLF. If I find an old photo of it mounted on my 1988 Chevy S10 Blazer, I will post it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.