Just in!! My NOS European spec. Fireball 2

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
hello there again fellow collectors!

i just received a nice new European dark blue(R-65 c.i.e. Blue) Federal Signal Fireball 2 from a Patrick in Holland. these are getting harder to find. i am glad i was able to locate and secure one. i must say i love the rich cobalt blue! i know its hard to see in the pic because the sun was so bright.

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_FBeuro.jpg

thanks for looking! :)

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
NPS Ranger said:
Does the Euro spec version rotate any faster to comply with the laws there?
From what I've seen on the VAMA website, the Firebeam sold in Europe (only in amber or CIE blue) is available with the same speed options as in the USA - 95, 175, or dual speed.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
yeah, almost forgot about that. i looked at my other FB2 and it has a 12 volt motor. this one has a 9 volt motor and spins faster. the US spec is rated at 75 FPM. i can't find any info on this one, but it must be around 120 FPM

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
NPS Ranger said:
1) We weren't talking about the Firebeam, we were talking about his FB2.

2) The Firebeam is no longer available in 95 FPM or dual speed:

http://www.freeyabb.com/elightbars/view ... elightbars[/quote:25mvwxs9]

Regarding Federal Vama the FireBeam is still available in Dual Speed, 95 RPM and 175 RPM in Europe.

You must be aware that Federal lights that are sold in Europe are manufactured in Europe with, in some cases, a little different internal parts to meet European regulations.

Federal Vama is located in Spain and is the European head office and manufacturing plant.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Eric,

I can tell you that the Swedish Police had some problem with some of the FireBall 2's.

The worm gear was a little rough and that caused the plastic gear to wear quickly.

The distributor used a small file to smoothening it up. They put the file to the worm gear and applied power to the light and the gear become smoothened.

The Swedish FB2 had Swedish blue lens and had the coiled cord replaced with a straight one.

I can also tell you a story about the FireBeam that the Swedish Police had.

When the police officers took the light to put it up on the roof the lens often got loose from it's locking device in the back.

To avoid this problem they attached a screw in the back to secure the lens to the base.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
cmb56 said:
Eric,
I can tell you that the Swedish Police had some problem with some of the FireBall 2's.

The worm gear was a little rough and that caused the plastic gear to wear quickly.

The distributor used a small file to smoothening it up. They put the file to the worm gear and applied power to the light and the gear become smoothened.

The Swedish FB2 had Swedish blue lens and had the coiled cord replaced with a straight one.

I can also tell you a story about the FireBeam that the Swedish Police had.

When the police officers took the light to put it up on the roof the lens often got loose from it's locking device in the back.

To avoid this problem they attached a screw in the back to secure the lens to the base.
yeah, i can see that. metal and plastic gears just dont work well in the long term together i'm thinking

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
cmb56 said:
Regarding Federal Vama the FireBeam is still available in Dual Speed, 95 RPM and 175 RPM in Europe.

You must be aware that Federal lights that are sold in Europe are manufactured in Europe with, in some cases, a little different internal parts to meet European regulations.

Federal Vama is located in Spain and is the European head office and manufacturing plant.

Think of the possibilities! Does Vama keep making other fun stuff like new Model 17's and Model 28's? :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.