Just scored 2 bars

David

May 21, 2010
Tennessee
For months I jealously looked at the thread about stuff on Craigslist wishing I lived near a city where emergency lights were advertised. On a lark, I searched again locally on Christmas and found somebody nearby getting rid of a jetstream and a streethawk. I didn't really want either of these styles, but I couldn't pass up the incredible price. With luck, I can use these bars to trade for something I really want.

Both are in far far from pristine shape and there is some rust. The streethawk has a siren, but is missing takedown bulbs and worm gear for an outer rotator. Any idea where to find a gear? What size incandescent bulbs can I get to decrease the power draw to run the bars from a transformer?

FedSigFan

May 21, 2010
DFW
May be easier to replace the whole rotator assembly instead of hunting down a worm gear.

You can put 1156 automotive parking light bulbs in the Jetstream, possibly in the Streethawk too if it's the older kind that uses bayonet-type sockets.

David

May 21, 2010
Tennessee
Thanks for the PMs.

I now have a 35 amp Pyramid power supply, so I'm trying to get my collection into working order. My old 10A supply would only power my Visibar or dashlights.

Fiddled with some stuff tonight and had problems. The "new" jetstream powers up, but is noisy. It has two rotators per side and a center rotator, forward facing and rear facing flashers (on two different circuits), takedowns, and alley lights. All bulbs are halogens. Anyhow, I don't have a switch box yet, so I can only power one function at a time. The rotators draw 25A.

I also fiddled with my jetsonic, but the rotators would neither light nor rotate (replaced all halogens with incandescents). Wiring problem? The jetsonic has alleys and takedowns which function, and two rotators on either side--one faces front and the other rear, but the gears yoke the front and rear lights together. I powered one wire at a time from what is left of the wiring cable, one wire powered a switch for a blinker, but there are no flasher lights installed (I could hear the clicking sound of flashers and saw two mechanical switches moving, but don't know what they would power). The jetsonic was owned by the National Park Service and the info plate says it is a series 2, if that helps. Also, does anyone have a red end lens with large cut-out?

Finally, I installed new clear domes on an MX7000 and it looks great. I knew that I didn't have enough juice to power it, so I haven't tried yet. The cable is cut very short, so it will take some work. Definitely going to need a switch box. It has 4 rotators on the upper deck, plus rear-facing flashers. The lower deck has takedowns, alleys, and intersection sweeps, as well as a rear traffic adviser. Are there lower draw lamps I can replace the halogens with?

Haven't played with the hawk yet, other than to power the rotators. Looks like I have lots fun ahead of me, as my wife silently shakes her head....

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
David said:
Finally, I installed new clear domes on an MX7000 and it looks great. I knew that I didn't have enough juice to power it, so I haven't tried yet. The cable is cut very short, so it will take some work. Definitely going to need a switch box. It has 4 rotators on the upper deck, plus rear-facing flashers. The lower deck has takedowns, alleys, and intersection sweeps, as well as a rear traffic adviser. Are there lower draw lamps I can replace the halogens with?

I use 1156 incandescent bulbs on my former all-halogen 8-rotator AeroDynic. They throw a lot of light using less amps to do so.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I put 1156's in my mini-Aerodynic, works great. Quite a bit less light, but quite a bit less amperage too.

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
So you got those bars!!! I messaged the guy and he said he had just gotten rid of them! Lucky dog! If you need some Jet parts I have a few things laying around, like a couple of rotators etc... If you need to pm me and we can talk...

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
There were several versions of the chain drive jet you have. There were various options to turn off front and rear bulbs in rotators and on some models stop the rotators and flash the bulbs.... the wiring can be a little confusing....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.