Just Starting. Couple of Questions

BackYardSales

Dec 5, 2011
US - KY
Don't see a section of general board questions, so I'll put this here.

I've got some very old Federal BeaconRay items that I'm considering listing in the future. I'm not quite ready to do it right now, but I want to make sure I get things in the right order.

I see a section on Board Rules with some items that can and can't be listed, but I don't see much on WHO can list, or if there is a waiting or verification period.

I see references to PayPal, but I no longer trust them, so I need to know what other options can be used.

I believe anyone can post to a classified section, whether they are new or old members. Instead of PayPal, you can accept USPS money orders.

BackYardSales said:
Don't see a section of general board questions, so I'll put this here.

I've got some very old Federal BeaconRay items that I'm considering listing in the future. I'm not quite ready to do it right now, but I want to make sure I get things in the right order.

I see a section on Board Rules with some items that can and can't be listed, but I don't see much on WHO can list, or if there is a waiting or verification period.

I see references to PayPal, but I no longer trust them, so I need to know what other options can be used.

Welcome to ELB. You can list your items in the For Sale Warning equipment section, post pics and price. There is no verification period but as a newbie you may want to give like your ebay name showing your feedback score. As with any for sale section people are leary of newbies and want to check you out before making a transaction. If you dont like paypal you can do postal money orders and there are other forms of internet payment. Good luck, just curious to what you have that you are thinking of selling?

OK, thanks for the info. Anything from eBay was many, many years ago, long before most of the changes -- back around '03 or '04. I don't even know if any of that is still visible. Once Meg and Donahoe started destroying the site, a lot of us early sellers packed up and left.

MO would be fine and I'm looking into Amazon Payments.

Hoser said:
just curious to what you have that you are thinking of selling?

Well, without getting into a listing; a couple of BeaconRay/StratORays and some parts. Maybe a few Whelen old style (soup can shaped) strobe lenses.

Actualy you need to list them in the VINTAGE section because they are vintage.

you can have one post in each sale section and need to update that one post instead of having multiple sale threads.

welcome enjoy the site. any questions pm a mod or anybody whose been here awhile. lol

Yep Jarred is correct, Thanks for pointing this out. You can place a For sale add for newer stuff in the Warning Equip. FS section and Vintage stuff in the Vintage section, however your only allowed one in each section per site rules. Ebay has really made it difficult for listing warning equipment.

Hoser said:
Ebay has really made it difficult for listing warning equipment.

Yeah, I know. Which is silly for two reasons.

1) Everything I have is years out of date and no longer used on anything but large apparatus. Even those are changing to LEDs now and you rarely see sealed beams any more.

2) There is no law that I know of barring buying, selling or shipping any audible or visual equipment. Only laws on who can use them on public roads.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrmills2468