K-9 Charger

Nov 21, 2010
Pelican Rapids, MN
Recently built K-9 charger:

Liberty bar

Mirror beams

500 series on sides of push bumper

400 series forward facing on bumper

700 series strobe forward facing on bumper used for emitter (crazy range)

LED fog lights

2 vertex's in each reverse housing

2 single avengers on rear deck

gamber console

assurance mfg. kennel

295SLSA6

Digital alley camera

http://picasaweb.google.com/11278466806 ... directlink

ParkPiggy

May 21, 2010
Northeast Ohio
Nice set up-very clean!

Amazed they still have a Syntor! I know the UHF narrow banding is coming up. I thought VHF was completed. Pretty sure either way, syntors are not capable of the proper spacing.

Bonanno

May 21, 2010
Neptune, NJ
All my the Depts around me still use VHF, with some select ones using UHF like mine. I can't really recall a single PD or FD in my county using 800mghz, especially since the county dispatch is mainly VHF.

ParkPiggy

May 21, 2010
Northeast Ohio
Wow, and I was being impatient with our county. About just over half the PDs and FDs have switched over to a P25 Digital 700/800 system. It gets frustrating not being able to go direct with the last few departments who have not switched yet.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I like the light setup and the color. A very tough looking car. Nice work!

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
nice install,the pre-emptor is in a different spot ,was that a used device they provided or a client specific. normally i see alot of them mounted inside the lightbar on newer jobs

Nov 21, 2010
Pelican Rapids, MN
I agree, in the light bar is a more effective placement for an emitter. The dept. provided equipment to be installed and I think they went this route because of a recommendation from another dept.. It is simply a Whelen 700 series strobe tube with a Sho-me power supply. Feedback received by the customer was very positive for the configuration, it apparently has a very impressive range. They are in a quite rural location without a lot of traffic which I'm guessing helps.

I would like to thank everyone for the positive comments.

KC9QNN

Dec 4, 2010
USA Wisconsin
We run the pre-emptor on our Crowns in the same spot, that is the way our install told our chief was the most effective. Trying to think if the Explorer has one since it doesn't have a brush guard.....

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
Why didn't you just put an opticom in the lightbar. That is best placement for them. And im pretty sure that you have to use there system for the opticom to pre-empt. Not just a strobe. But i could be wrong, i do know that our opticom system in the city you have to buy the opticom from the company.

Nov 21, 2010
Pelican Rapids, MN
code4services.com said:
I agree, in the light bar is a more effective placement for an emitter. The dept. provided equipment to be installed and I think they went this route because of a recommendation from another dept.. It is simply a Whelen 700 series strobe tube with a Sho-me power supply. Feedback received by the customer was very positive for the configuration, it apparently has a very impressive range. They are in a quite rural location without a lot of traffic which I'm guessing helps.

I would like to thank everyone for the positive comments.

There may be some merit to using the 3M opticom for liability reasons.

The system responds to light flashed at a certain frequency and can be accomplished by a number of different light/supply combination's from many companies.

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
That's great!

I love the old Syntor radios and sirens (X9000, maybe?). Especially with a handset microphone. They were great radios. We've still got some in service, but will switch to 800 within 6 months.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.