KD Lamp Company... Does anyone know the history of this company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2010
Kingston NY
I am curious to know the history of this company. I am really interested in the sealed beam lights that they made. Did they make very few of these lights? I myself am looking for the Model 888 3 bulb light.

Thanks

Pinball Charlie

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Hey Charlie,

I'm not sure of KD Lamp history, but I picked up these 2 lights last week.

When I got them home, I found out they were 6 volt. One is KD Lamp and

the other is VisAll. They have identical domes and guts including an REA motor.

The worm gear on the motor shaft has a stiff felt piece dragging on it.

KD-VisAll 2.jpg

KD-VisAll 1.jpg

KD Lamp Co..jpg

VisAll.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I've never seen a KD Lamp Co logo with the chubby stick figure guy before...

Okay, he ain't fat, he just had so much Vitamin K and D that he became K and D!

I'll stop now:-x

Oct 28, 2010
Kingston NY
Pete L. said:
Hey Charlie,
I'm not sure of KD Lamp history, but I picked up these 2 lights last week.

When I got them home, I found out they were 6 volt. One is KD Lamp and

the other is VisAll. They have identical domes and guts including an REA motor.

The worm gear on the motor shaft has a stiff felt piece dragging on it.

View attachment 30186View attachment 30187View attachment 30188View attachment 30189
Very interesting Pete.... It sounds like and looks like KD Lamp Co and Visall must of been one company or one bought the other??

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
PinballCharlie said:
Very interesting Pete.... It sounds like and looks like KD Lamp Co and Visall must of been one company or one bought the other??

I had an amber KD like that on a Chevy pickup in the 1970's. Nice light and very effective.

If memory serves, VisAll Vehicle Products was a supplier for the trucking industry and they shopped stuff out like Galls does now. KD manufactured it with VisAll's name on it. It could have been KD using a different name, tho. So many companies have come and gone.

Mich_SLC

Jun 27, 2013
Andover, OH
PinballCharlie said:
I am curious to know the history of this company. I am really interested in the sealed beam lights that they made. Did they make very few of these lights? I myself am looking for the Model 888 3 bulb light.

Thanks

Pinball Charlie

KD Lamp Co. was bought out and now is a part of ATC Lighting and Plastics, these 883 lights are sold through their distributor slclighting.com. Sorry better late than never. I hope this answers your ?? Have a great day!! :D

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
This is my VISALL 488(KD Lamp) in amber.

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_th_IMG_20121027_123147.jpg

Short Video

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_th_VID_20121027_123245.jpg

Again sorry this is late and in an old thread.

The company was based out of Cincinnati Ohio in the 70's and 80's. The beacons have not been produced since then.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.