Keeping your shirt in

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I've been using shirt stays for years now, since I was in the Air Force. I currently use the loop around the foot style (100x better than the clip on socks one) but they are annoying at times. I bought a Perfect Tailor today, hoping that the rubber belt would be more comfortable than the straps. As soon as I tried it on, though, the metal button popped off... :shock: Ryan is mad :evil: It will still kind of work, but with the button randomly popping off. I guess it's back to shirt stays.

What do you guys use?

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Yeah, that's what I bought, just not the Gall's brand.

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
I HATE those belts. I wore one in the academy and found it exceptionally uncomfortable. I use the shirt stays that clip to your socks. Some days it works fine.... some days I am constantly losing my rear stays from getting into and out of the car. Its annoying when they pop off and you have to remove it from your sock so you aren't dragging, but I hate looking sloppy and having my shirt all bunched up.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
My Blauer uniform pants have 2 thin beads of some sort of rubber in the waistband, I've NEVER had a problem with my shirt coming untucked even a little except for one knock-down drag out fight I had.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Ditto Ben.

My newer pants, if I sinch the under belt up, I have no problems with my shirt coming out. Between the tight belt and the rubbery stuff on the pants, my shirts barely move. There's some pulling out, but that's from getting in/out of the car. I normally have to make a "pit stop" to "drop the kids off at the pool" after breakfast, so I just fix everything then.

Plus, I wear my belts tight anways, I hate my duty belt flopping around. It's more uncomfortable when it's loose.

mfaith91

May 23, 2010
Kentucky
What Ben & Ryan said.....

I couldn't imagine wearing something that holds my shirt in and clips to my socks..... of course I can see the upside- I hate having my socks slide down!

Mike

TheZach

Jun 5, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
mfaith91 said:
I couldn't imagine wearing something that holds my shirt in and clips to my socks..... of course I can see the upside- I hate having my socks slide down!

I agree.... that sounds fucking uncomfortable

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so do the "stirrup" lookin things. my ex wife had to wear them when she tried the Air Force out.

Our pants come from martin uniform company, they have three rings of rubber in them, they also give us the "1 size fits most" shirts that are long enough they come close to my "lower waist area"

ohi007

May 21, 2010
Canton, oh
same here with the pants. they have the rubbery waist line and for the most part, i have no problems. Law Pro i think are the ones i have on now.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.