Kenwood People... HELP!

WNYEVS

May 21, 2010
Brockport NY
I need some help with a Kenwood TK-7160 that we installed today.

The radio was installed in a 2008 Ford F150. The install went fine. We used a NMO trunk lip antenna on the hood of the truck.

Everything receives and transmits fine except for one channel. On 154.3850 (Ch. 3 on the radio) with a DPL of D365N, there is some sort of interference when transmitting. It sounds like an encrypted signal of some sorts. You can still hear audio from the microphone but it is still covered by this interference. I tried switching microphones, but that did not work.

This does this with the engine on and when the engine is off. There are no other channels that do this. The voice scramble settings are also off on all channels.

Any ideas on what it is or how to troubleshoot it further?

Let me know if I should provide further information.

May 21, 2010
Wilmington, MA
Can you record a sample of the audio and post it or email it to me?

You may have the scrambling option programmed for that channel... Sounds kind of like Donald duck.

Jason

WNYEVS

May 21, 2010
Brockport NY
Yes that is exactly what it sounds like. The option is turned off in the programming though. Is there something that I am missing?

I will try and get the audio tomorrow while I am at work.

WNYEVS

May 21, 2010
Brockport NY
GaryErrol said:
Are the other radios in the system also set to narrow band? I see Fire 1 and 2 are, but are you sure Fire 3 is also narrow band?

Yes, we just converted the entire County October 18th.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Have you put an antenna analyzer on it for that frequency? Something weird about the truck mounting position and cable length screwing you up on one frequency?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.