Kenwood TK-730 Question

Feb 19, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Being a Motorola guy I am not too familiar with Kenwood radios. I recently got a remote mount TK730 and don't know what the 6-pin connector on the back of the remote head is for. I thought I had a print out of it at one point but can't seem to find it.

Feb 19, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Yea I got the 15 pin layout but I didn't know if I needed 12v power to the remote head like a astro spectra or if the power came in from the remote cable. Any idea which 2 of the 6 are for the speaker?

towlercd

Jun 10, 2010
Potsdam, NY USA
specopsmedic719 said:
Yea I got the 15 pin layout but I didn't know if I needed 12v power to the remote head like a astro spectra or if the power came in from the remote cable. Any idea which 2 of the 6 are for the speaker?

You do not need separate power to the remote head, just the one cable from the main unit. I have a pdf of the manual for the tk x30 series if you want to send me a PM with an email. If I am reading the fuzzy scanned document right it would be the top two pins in the second column for a speaker. I think I will have my console apart this weekend if you want me to check for sure, as mine is set up with a speaker off the control head and I know it works!

Feb 19, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Ok went to program the thing...read it just fine and added new freqs. and what not and now the alpha display is all jacked up. Is there anyone out there that can program this thing the proper way for me or did I just make the thing into a brick? I can email pics of the display if that will help.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.