Kinnelon Volunteer Fire Company, Inc.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
Squad 5

ai45.tinypic.com_339k3tf.jpg

Engine 22

ai49.tinypic.com_x514hz.jpg

Engine 11 (Engine 3 is exactly same thing, except red front side flashers)

ai46.tinypic.com_2i6dkxf.jpg

Engine 1

ai50.tinypic.com_4rtd2p.jpg

Tanker 33

ai50.tinypic.com_2u5xdsm.jpg

Tanker 2

ai48.tinypic.com_n16vzt.jpg

and Tanker 2 again...

ai46.tinypic.com_21buc76.jpg

Not shown are boat 55, satellite 35, chief 1 (k1), chief 2 (k2), or chief 3 (k3)

also as of right now, we are in the process of reshuffling vehicles across the dept...Engine 22 and Squad 5 are being traded in to Pierce, the current Engine 11 is become the new Engine 22, and we are getting a new Squad (or rescue) 5, and a new engine 11, both on pierce contender chassis. We are also in the process of considering a replacement to boat 55.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
unlisted said:
Does tanker 2 have selectable all wheel steer?

Yes it does sir, and we are very proud of it...not only does she do her job, but she has also won us many trophies :cool:

Scoops said:
I love the looks of those hahn's with those drop down windshields. all the apps look good though.

Yeah well sadly we are slowly swapping them out...we are slowly moving to an all Pierce fleet.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I just noticed the 2 Q's on T23. How do they sound running together?

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
Oh they are not twin Q's...one is a Q, the other is a PA300 with the Q grille. I guess the truck committee decided it would look better the way it is than just with one grille.

Every vehicle shown is equipped with a Grover air horn, Federal Q, and some sort of Fed Sig electronic siren...they act as a fail safe to one another, for the majority of 2009, Tanker 33's Q was inoperable due to vehicle issues...however the remainder of the vehicle could be used for firefighting, so it stayed in service...thats where the electronic siren comes in...or just to make a ridiculous amount of noise... :p

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Nice rigs. NJ seems to like to sprinkle random blue on fire units...

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
I'm loving tanker 2. I wish NY would allow red and blue combos.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
JohnMarcson said:
Nice rigs. NJ seems to like to sprinkle random blue on fire units...

Well the house captain gets to choose what colors the lights are as the lenses get damaged. As long as there is nothing outlandish like green or purple... :D

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
If the tanker had two mechanical sirens, I'm trying to imagine how they would be run. Dual footpedals for the sirens? One for the driver's side and one for the passenger's side? Or both on the passenger's side so the guy running the sirens can go ape? I could just imagine what it would sound like. :lol:

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
well not sure how you guys do it...maybe this is standard everywhere but the mechanical is built into the steering wheel...and there is a foot pedal in the officers side

AZEMT

May 21, 2010
Phoenix, AZ USA
kinnelonfire75 said:
Yes it does sir, and we are very proud of it...not only does she do her job, but she has also won us many trophies :cool:

A fire truck driving down the street at a 45 degree angle....brings a tear to my eye. That's really cool. I also like the older stuff. You guys seem to have taken care of the paint, at least. :) They look good.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
AZEMT said:
A fire truck driving down the street at a 45 degree angle....brings a tear to my eye. That's really cool. I also like the older stuff. You guys seem to have taken care of the paint, at least. :) They look good.

We have a small lake community smack (hydrantless) in the middle of town. It is next to impossible to manuever Tanker 33 on those roads, as the turning radius does not suffice on some streets.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.