Knock-offs

Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
Ya know, it's easy to find some poor quality lights around the 'net. Look a little harder and you can find some knock-offs, usually made of Chinesium that may, or may not, cause the delivery truck to burst into flames just from being in the vicinity of the lightbar.

We all know Wolo. Inifinity 1, and Uniforms Warehouse sells it as a Husky. Apperently it's also sold by "Juan Industrial". Looks like the same "brand" also sells what looks to be a Whelen Edge clone, as well (looks like a streethakw, jetstream on that page, too). http://www.juansafety.com/category/halogen-light-bar.html

On the LED's side, you have a vector knock-off: http://www.juansafety.com/products/...-warning-lightbar-with-7-beacons-tbd2136.html

TBD2136-V7(3)-104207.jpg

Another website for them: http://www.popularledlightbars.com/supplier-151368-rotator-warning-light

Looking at their videos, it seems their bars are righter? I know that's not saying much, and maybe it's just a better bulb/power supply, but seems that they have a higher quality.

Example:
Streethawk

Vector

OK, it's a mini vector, but you can see what I mean. Anyway, why is it these people copy the lights but can't seem to get even half the output the actual bar does? is it really just poor bulb choices? The ones I linked here seem to be better than the typical fair regarding cheap clones from overseas, but I know that's like saying the dollar store cola is better than shasta cola. Its kinda sad to see the lack of quality, especially given the prices. At least UFW is pretty cheap, all things considered. Truck might burn down still.

Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
Little bit of both, lol. I know it's poor quality, in general. Just seems that with the quality of some products getting better, that these are still pathetic used of plastic and wires.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
If you knew how popular these flaming piles of crap were outside the US, you'd weep. And then understand why China has zero motivation to step up quality.

Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
If you knew how popular these flaming piles of crap were outside the US, you'd weep. And then understand why China has zero motivation to step up quality.

I have no doubt of their popularity. Plenty here in the states really like them, but you'd think they would improve the quality at least one or two steps.

Like, as an example, the little two-stroke motors people put on bicycles. Putt around at about 25 mph. A decade ago, you'd be hard pressed to find anything decent in the low-price range. To put it one way, your choice was STL or Code 3, pick which one will hurt the wallet less. But the last few years, things have really changed. There's still some quality control issues, to be sure, but the engines no longer disintegrate and fail at the rate they did before. Where before, you'd have a motor last maybe a month to size months before it was destroyed, now they last a few years.

It just astonishes me that the people selling these wouldn't step up a bit, and make slightly better products.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
I really understand why people buy the cheap Chinese stuff...the price difference is astronomical. For a new volunteer, a full brand new setup can be between $600 and $6000 for something not to overkill, but full 360 depending on knockoff or quality. I know used can be purchased for a lot cheaper, but finding all the lights/sirens for a full setup can be a daunting task. I'm actually surprised there isn't manufacturer discounts for volunteers to upfit their vehicles...it's not like a department which has tax money, or a business that can get significant writeoffs for those purchases.

Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
Oh, I fully get it. The huge variation in price can be intimidating, and with the limited budgets, it can be difficult to get the lighting you need (or perhaps it's more accurate to say want). And I assumed discounts were given to those who supplied proper id. Guess not for the volunteers?

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
I've never heard of one at the manufacturer level. Some dealers will give one, but the industry is extremely competitive.

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
So......my question......are the domes and filters interchangeable from the "husky" brand to the Streethawk? I've come across some very striking deals on them in which you can't buy domes and lenses from Federal Signal dealers cheaper than one entire Husky bar of the knock-off.

For the domes alone it's worth the $$ if they'll work on a Hawk.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
So......my question......are the domes and filters interchangeable from the "husky" brand to the Streethawk?

I have no idea but dont the domes of the knockoffs haze/fade/yellow pretty quick? I could understand if it was for a display bar but would think they would still have durability issues if they fit.

Dingo

May 30, 2012
usa, maine
I always wondered what the emergency vehicles use in China? Do they use the same garbage they sell to us or do they have lights that are equivalent to Whelen or federal signal ect.?

SEPD_52

Dec 24, 2014
Illinois
I always wondered what the emergency vehicles use in China? Do they use the same garbage they sell to us or do they have lights that are equivalent to Whelen or federal signal ect.?

Oh, they totally use the brand-name stuff. They know better than to use the knock-offs there!

Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
So......my question......are the domes and filters interchangeable from the "husky" brand to the Streethawk? I've come across some very striking deals on them in which you can't buy domes and lenses from Federal Signal dealers cheaper than one entire Husky bar of the knock-off.

My understanding is that domes are not interchangeable. The lower filters might work, but the domes won't swap.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.