Knockoff Whelen Edge 9000 lenses

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with the knockoff Whelen Edge lenses?

I had brought the subject up to another member:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6427

Copied from the other thread:

I'm almost 100% sure these are knock-offs':

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Lens-Kit-Whelen ... 5195472fcc

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Lens-Kit-Whelen ... 19bfc6955d

You can't tell from the pics. but knockoffs' won't say "EDGE" across the top/bottom. When I bought one of these kits, they would NOT slide right into the track like EVERY other lens does. When I looked at the lens stick, it was warped like a bad 2x4; crooked as hell. I didn't even know I had bought a knockoff kit until months later & I happened to mention it to HPD84 & he told me what I "really" bought.

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
Dang those links have been removed but I think I know what your talking about. There is a few decent used kits for a 48" or 52" bar from a fellow in NC or SC who I have bought parts from before with much success. I have also bought quite a few of the $75 dollar box "o" lens specials from ranger services. He always gave me a better price than $75 & other than lens caps you usually get enough lens to do 2 bars so I have much success with that. I try stay away from new lens on eBay because they always seem sketchy to me. If I want a new kit I will get it from someone on here.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I had no idea there were knock off Whelen lenses out there on the market. Glad I saw this post as I probably would would have made a mistake like that thinking those were real Whelen lenses.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.