Know anything about Dual Mini Phantom ?

emt.micah

Sep 6, 2012
Northwest Indiana
I saw this in a Galls catalog. Then went searching for more info on them and haven't really found anything. I was able to get some instructions/specs from SVP, but that was it.

By looking at the SVP info and the pics from Galls, these look like they would be a great replacement for my current dash light in my Wrangler. They would also work real well for some of the installs I've done here at work.

Anyone have first hand knowledge? pics? video?

Micah

Retaks

Aug 5, 2012
SE PA
I currently have 2 as the deck lights on my Malibu. Im at work now but tonight ill try to get you a short video and answer any questions about them.

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Dual mini phantom as in 2 mini phantoms or like the normal one with 2 side flashing against each other? I'm a little confused I have seen a mount for 2 sync phantoms the would attach to the visor clips but that wouldn't work in a wrangler.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
The new generation (Starburst?) version is bright. I'm not a real fan of the mounting options, but they were a customer request.

The non-sync version (cig plug) does not have a 'steady burn' pattern, so it couldn't be added to the flasher I was using to sync the rest of the lights (or with each other).

They are seen here in the windshield.

emt.micah

Sep 6, 2012
Northwest Indiana
mdlighting said:
Dual mini phantom as in 2 mini phantoms or like the normal one with 2 side flashing against each other? I'm a little confused I have seen a mount for 2 sync phantoms the would attach to the visor clips but that wouldn't work in a wrangler.

So it appears to be 2 mini-phantoms hooked together, and possibly synced?

ryanm's video appears to e the one's I'm talking about.

If they sync between the two light heads, that would be the BOMB! it would basically be a small interior light bar for way less in cost.

emt.micah

Sep 6, 2012
Northwest Indiana
Here's a link to the Manual from SVP. http://www.star1889.com/pdf/manuals/star-svp/pdf/ulb9.pdf

If I'm reading this document right, I want the FLKULB9S-2. Should be "Pre-Connected Starburst Mini Phantom Heads with Cig Plug"

As long as this would fit the very vertically oriented windshield in my Wrangler, they would work great.

Anyone here a dealer?

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
emt.micah said:
So it appears to be 2 mini-phantoms hooked together, and possibly synced?

ryanm's video appears to e the one's I'm talking about.

If they sync between the two light heads, that would be the BOMB! it would basically be a small interior light bar for way less in cost.

Those are 2 mini-phantoms, one on each side of the RVM.

They claim to have a sync version. That's not what I received. I ended up with the cig plug version for that customer. Therefore they're not synced, and they drift in and out of sync. It actually looks pretty good, I'd just planned to have them on the same ULF44 flasher as everything else.

Nine29

Oct 27, 2010
Motown
I know Galls is selling this Dual Mini Phantom in the standard model, but anyone know where I can buy it in the Starburst version?

Nine29

Oct 27, 2010
Motown
ryanm said:
That appears to be the older version of the same unit. Are you just wanting 2?

No, I'm looking for the dual/split unit that Galls is selling (with Starburst LED's). It's two Mini Phantoms connected by a center wire with only one cigarette plug to power them both. Check the Galls link I posted for more details...

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Nine29 said:
No, I'm looking for the dual/split unit that Galls is selling (with Starburst LED's). It's two Mini Phantoms connected by a center wire with only one cigarette plug to power them both. Check the Galls link I posted for more details...

Ah, ok. I have NOT seen that one in a Starburst model.

Check with Jared at ***************** or Jon at LoneStarPSE.

either should be able to help you out if it exists.

Nine29

Oct 27, 2010
Motown
Retaks said:
That is a new thing and only available with the gen 1 leds at this time. If you have clear windows they work preatty good but if there is any tint to the area you want to mount them they really lack the needed light output.

That's what I was afraid of. I want the output of the Starburst LED's...the Gen 1's won't cut it. I like the concept though...hopefully someone will offer it with Starburst LED's in the near future.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas

emt.micah

Sep 6, 2012
Northwest Indiana
ryanm said:
If I were you, I'd get the RLKULB9S-1 and run your own power wire. The ULB9S is the syncable model.

http://www.star1889.com/pdf/product-flyers/star-warning-systems/pdf/SF121%20ULB9S%20FLYER%20REV%20B.pdf

Model Numbers and Descriptions

ULB9S: Equipped with on/off switch and pattern select on cig plug

ULB9S-1: Equipped with 12’ cable, synchronizable

RLKULB9S-1: Kit consists of two ULB9S-1 with 12’ wire leads

BINGO! That's the one. Now for the million dollar question....anyone have or used one?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.