Ky. Firefighter Arrested for Selling Lightbar

lite-em-up

May 23, 2010
Eastern Missouri
Anyone we know??? :roll:

Becky Manley Killian

The Times-Tribune, Corbin, Ky.

Oct. 05--CORBIN -- A Corbin firefighter was arrested Monday for selling equipment that belonged to that department, according to Corbin Police Chief David Campbell.

Eric Isom, 30, was booked into the Whitley County Detention Center on two misdemeanor charges of theft by failure to make required disposition of property, according to Campbell and jail records.

The equipment was the light bar used on emergency vehicles, Campbell said.

Once Isom's case is processed by the court, Campbell said it will come before the city's personnel board.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
James (rescue_76) works for Corbin PD.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
lite-em-up said:
theft by failure to make required disposition of property.

So, to me it sounds like the department took it off a truck and put it in storage and he, figuring they weren't planning on using it any more, sold it....

While he should have checked first, doesn't sound like he was trying to "steal something"...

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I know he's on Woodbine and Whitley Depts (or was at one time) but I don't recall him ever mentioning being on Corbin FD.

May 21, 2010
Corbin, Kentucky
I work for Corbin PD. And woodbine Fd....This is my cousins husband,,,due to reasons beyond control All I can say about this is "No Comment".................... :roll:

chfdbigbad

May 22, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
they have had ALOT of problems with warning lights being stolen in KY. when i was at school someone stole the lights and radios off our chiefs ride while it was in his driveway at home. all the lights were stole off a truck at the Bluegrass Army Depot too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.