LAPD Aerodynic on the bay

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So let's nitpick the LAPD Aerodynic on the bay currently just for giggles and sh*ts!
Or AKA Rob is bored at work.. so let's play along!

With Aero prices going nutso and this appears to be a genuine LAPD non all light Aerodynic, I can only imagine where this will end up..

So starting things off.

1.) Cracked Speaker bulkhead..

2.) Will need both Red and Blue endcaps...

3.) Missing rear speaker grille clamp... interesting solution using a screw and washer to keep the rear in place.

4.) Front Speaker grille clamp is barely hanging on there.. not sure if screws are missing or broken off.

I'd comment on the alley lights, but I am being told these might be correct. I'd leave it to the LAPD experts..

It does have quite the interesting Model number
It reads 24EAH-T-2Z

Even considering what it needs I still predict his will end waaaay over what I would value it at.
Personally I would replace the domes outright. Also is the vehicle number engraved on the feet? I know my All light LAPD bar has this.. possible they were not doing it at this time. Again.. another question for the LAPD gurus..

Discuss..

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony P

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
It certainly will be interesting to see what it goes for. Hopefully the buyer pays as close attention to the photos as you have and won't be disappointed. I know I have made "rush" purchases just to be disappointed when it arrives then looking back at photos on the ad thinking...yup clear as day there is this flaw pictured.

deelony

May 23, 2010
LINY
Those would be the correct first version exterior alley lights. Even has the LAPD Shop authentic wire nuts connecting them lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: denko3
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I predict a bidding explosion in 8 days.. currently just over $200

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
I would say it would be right authentic original lightbar....right alleys,model name plate inside the bar would be correct.....
24EAH-T-2Z(1XTD) the lapd all light had TT-2Z(2XTD) which is correct
Yes those early models with 1 takedown and 1 red steady didnt have division numbers on feet,the black reley inside the bar on terminal side can be for rotators which can be for over load for unitrol 480k in position 3
On pursuit switch which was max.20 amp.load like on position 1 and 2.....just rotators are 27amp.load so maybe that is the reley reason....
Engrave "LAPD" words can be very right.....
screws on end caps are right torxs which were standard on lapd aeros because of stoling the parts from lapd aero bars like bulbs and other parts probably....
Did i forgat to saw something else???....hmmm

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
Emergency lighting collecting in general has gone through the roof. I remember when you used to be able to find old, retired lightbars at flea markets and junkyards for 25-50 dollars a piece. I get there used to be rare bars that would command a higher price, but you could get a lot of good vintage bars for a fraction of what you can get them now.

It appears Aeros are the new TwinSonics. Their prices are skyrocketing, and I, for one, am not going to start paying insane prices for common lightbars. I recently downsized my lightbar collection and kept only about a dozen or so of the nearly 50 bars I had. I no longer have the space or the time to mess with them.

This bar may very well reach into the low 4 digits. There will be two fools out there who absolutely need to have this lightbar, driving up the price only to scare every Tom, Dick, and Harry to go out and list the standard MX7000 they have in the garage for thousands of dollars. Probably more because it was supposedly mounted on an LAPD car.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
@Lt.214 valid question. If I let all my aero's go for sale I'd probably crash the market.. lol

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
Wonder what I could get for my 24 SX right now?!?:D

Prices on Aeros have certainly gone up notably in the last couple of years and, with the exception of CTSs, seem higher to me than Twins. We know a knowledgable collector would appreciate an SX. What's less known is whether the general population would since, at least in my observation, the spike seems less driven by collector appreciation of rare bars and more by the desire to have LAPD/NYPD bars, Dukes of Hazzard looking bars, and, if that fails, at least a geared Aero hopefully w some blue on it.

AeroTwins don't seem to have spiked to the same degree, with the exception of the NOS one that sold for crazy awhile back, and which was bidded up by only two buyers... with the winner simply (and desperately) wanting a 4 panel Aero for a Dukes repro, and with the NOS AeroTwin just happening to be a four panel listed at the time.

Obviously this LAPD bar hits the sweet spot of being desirable to both knowledgable collectors and the general population... so yeah, sold price will be interesting to see.

(Last but not least, if the SX is for sale, count me among the interested)

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
At 50 plus years of age I wonder if the younger generation will be into collecting old lights. I enjoy them. My kids could care less. I keep adding to my collection. I need to count what I have. I try and not spend more then $50 bucks a light. I think I have done OK.

Reactions: Sparky_911
Jun 18, 2013
PA
$400 now.. and still 5 days + to go.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Good question.. again Aero prices are all over the place.
It seems to have feet.. and it's a model 25.. at least $200

On the bay probably much much higher.. If I was selling it.. I'd ask $250

Jun 18, 2013
PA
$480 now and 4 days to go..

Reactions: tsquale

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
At 50 plus years of age I wonder if the younger generation will be into collecting old lights. I enjoy them. My kids could care less. I keep adding to my collection. I need to count what I have. I try and not spend more then $50 bucks a light. I think I have done OK.
I'm of the same school of thought. $50 or under. The 25CF dynic I'm sitting on was 50 but needed cleaning and 30 in parts. I'm contemplating selling it but I like the look and pattern options.

480 for the thread related bar is insane. Probably cost another 100+ to fix/clean/restore it. Is the seller touting it as a historical piece? Like was it on the roof of the Rodney King patrol car? Seriously that price is whack.

Reactions: tsquale
Jun 18, 2013
PA
and a BIG jump $610 with 3+ days to go!
Sky's the limit folks... big money no whammies... lol

Jun 18, 2013
PA
1+ day to go! still holding at $610

deelony

May 23, 2010
LINY
All light LAPD aeros have been floating above 1k on the last few posted on ebay. I see this going a little bit higher.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
All light LAPD aeros have been floating above 1k on the last few posted on ebay. I see this going a little bit higher.

Yup, honestly though for this example I'm not seeing it. Just too much that needs to be repaired to justify that pricing. I have an all light bar on my to do list, but it needs some serious TLC. I got lucky and traded for it, no way I'd pay this price point for a fixer upper.

deelony

May 23, 2010
LINY
I hear you but these are about as rare as it gets and unfortunately the price is going to reflect that.

You have knuckleheads buying basic geared aeros for 599-649-699 plus 150 shipping on ebay constantly.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Some people have more money than brains. Some people will pay anything to feed their collection addiction. Some people may be willing to pay anything to restore a vintage emergency vehicle.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
<1 hour to go and still $610.. interesting. If someone on here manages to land it, I expect the full nickel tour with video.. lol

Jun 18, 2013
PA
$720 was the gavel price..

Hmm I didn't see that coming..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.