LAPD MX7K

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
If im not mistaken, R/C/B lenses. amber half filter to the rear of center rotator (sometimes stingray II) if no arrowstik, amber flashers at the outter most lower rear position. alleys, pursuit sweeps (the 90* sweep) R/B steady burn in outter most front position, Takedowns next to them hear the center, sometimes 2 more takedowns in the center section.

I 26

Sep 9, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
So some of these bars had the arrowstik? Is there any sort of stamp/plate on them like the NYPD aero's had NYPD specific model #? Also, what about rotator speed? S/F/F/F/S?

CABARS

Dec 21, 2010
West Coast
Lapd uses red/clear/blue with a center red forward amber rear split filter. Rear full directional warn. Front 4 takedown in the center and a red and blue steady

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
if i remember right,here are the options:

LAPD MX7000 spec. with center speaker:

-red/chrome speaker housing/blue

-rotators are (S/S-V-S/S)

-intersections sweps 90* or 120*

-rear amber flasher on each end side of the bar

-front takedowns next to the speaker housing

-front red and blue CAL.steady burns next to takedowns

-alleys

and LAPD with center section:

-red/clear/blue

-rotators(S/F/F/F/S)

-4 front takedowns

-red and blue CAL.steadies next to takedowns

-intersections 90*

-arrowstick alleys

-6 or 8 rear amber arrowstick(it depend from rear flashers) LED or basic bulbs

-in upper center section rotator have rear amber rotator filter and front half red and half blue rotator filter)

correct me guys somewhere if i am wrong maybe......

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
denko3 said:
if i remember right,here are the options:

LAPD MX7000 spec. with center speaker:

-red/chrome speaker housing/blue

-rotators are (S/S-V-S/S)

-intersections sweps 90* or 120*

-front takedowns next to the speaker housing

-front red and blue CAL.steady burns next to takedowns

-alleys

and LAPD with center section:

-red/clear/blue

-rotators(S/F/F/F/S)

-4 front takedowns

-red and blue CAL.steadies next to takedowns

-intersections 90*

-arrowstick alleys

-6 or 8 rear amber arrowstick(it depend from rear flashers) LED or basic bulbs

-in upper center section rotator have rear amber rotator filter and front half red and half blue rotator filter)

correct me guys somewhere if i am wrong maybe......

I think you got it all correct. the lower level was

sweep/steady/takedown///TD or empty|td or empty\\\takedown\steady\sweep

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
from what I have seen the 90* sweeps were mostly installed on the early production bars , I dont know about LAPD , thats just what I have noticed on the bars I have gotten. I do like to find them though, they look sweet when installed to the rear, thats what I did on my silverado mx7000, front intersections, rear persuit lights and I was able to put alleys in too.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Shawn L said:
from what I have seen the 90* sweeps were mostly installed on the early production bars , I dont know about LAPD , thats just what I have noticed on the bars I have gotten. I do like to find them though, they look sweet when installed to the rear, thats what I did on my silverado mx7000, front intersections, rear persuit lights and I was able to put alleys in too.

I recall you mentioning that, pics were promised.... hehe

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
I thought I had some build pics.. but I cant seem to find them, I have done a second bar, I suppose I could tear that one down and take a pic or 2

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
the outside rear ambers flashed and the rest of the arrow only functioned as an arrow....some of the MX LAPD bars started using LEdx modulesfor the arrow...Dbl stacked on the ends and single stacked the middle 6...then they starting getting vista bars and then Arjent bars

MX7000Guy

Jun 2, 2010
Middle of nowhere, VT
I made some LED (TIR) pursuit lights. I actually went to go out in the garage to take a video and instead ended up snowmobiling tonight instead. Funny how that happens.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.