Latest Addition to My Collection

jradue

Mar 6, 2013
Lone Rock, WI
Here is a Beacon Ray Model 173 I won on Ebay. The light did not not look this good originally, see the Ebay listing below.

1950s Federal Sign Beacon Ray Orange Yellow Top Fire Police Car Warning Light | eBay

The original skirt needs re-chroming, so I changed it out with a nice one I had in stock. I replace the original plastic amber dome with a nice glass red one that I received from an ELB member who was generous enough to let it go. Even though the outside of the light was rough, the rotator cage inside is mint, almost new.

DSC01441.jpg

Video

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
jradue said:
Here is a Beacon Ray Model 173 I won on Ebay. The light did not not look this good originally, see the Ebay listing below.

1950s Federal Sign Beacon Ray Orange Yellow Top Fire Police Car Warning Light | eBay

The original skirt needs re-chroming, so I changed it out with a nice one I had in stock. I replace the original plastic amber dome with a nice glass red one that I received from an ELB member who was generous enough to let it go. Even though the outside of the light was rough, the rotator cage inside is mint, almost new.

View attachment 70945

Video

Very nice. Don't see that many 173s. More 17s than 173s that I've seen over the years. I looked at the link, and at the bottom there's a nice 175 sitting at $52. Unusual for Ebay.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.D.

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.