Latest auction goodies...

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
I won a few more auctions a couple of weeks back, and unfortunately nothing shiny and blinky made its way into the lots, but I did wind up with some loudness...

20220521_162404.jpg

Four PA200s (look like 2 different generations), two PA300s, and a couple of SVP sirens.

Plus a dozen Federal Signal TS200 speakers, two of which have dual drivers... loudness indeed. The rest of the loot was a dozen GE MASTR repeaters, six Aerotron repeaters, five Motorola Quantar repeaters, six Efratom GPS/rubidium frequency standards, boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes of Motorola spare parts, two dozen n.o.s. vehicle antennas, Motorola dispatch consoles, Minitor pager system, and so much more stuff... the extended Chevy Express cargo van I rented was packed to the gills and struggled a little to climb the mountains on the way back home! But no lights this time, and yes I was a little disappointed. Maybe next time.

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Some nearly useless 800mhz Quantars...

20220512_231036.jpg

Three RIBs and 7 or 8 different programming cables for obsolete radios...
20220521_225417.jpg
20220521_225958.jpg

Some NOS and not-so-new test equipment...

20220521_225251.jpg
20220521_225944.jpg

One of the consoles...

20220521_230301.jpg

And I shall never want for another resistor or through-hole electronic component for the rest of my life!

20220521_230509.jpg

Reactions: stansdds

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Nice haul! If your parting out things, I have a couple things I could find use for;)
Seth
"Part ways with" I can do. "Part out", not so much. I usually only do that with vehicles! The goal is to move as much of this stuff out if the house as possible, so one day (hopefully soon) my wife will resume talking to me, cooking for me, doing my laundry, and sleeping with me!

I've taken over our dining room completely, from floor to ceiling. In our kitchen there are currently three very large boxes of approximately 160 brand new in the box 3.2 ohm Motorola communications speakers that she will stop and rest her hand on while glaring at me. My primary shed where I keep tools and stuff has become a storage unit, packed with Motorola CPX8000 units and spare parts, a strange welding fume eliminator thing, boxes of spare parts, an Andrew air line dehydrator for microwave transmission equipment... I really got in over my head this time. But as I told my wife, it was so cheap! How could I resist?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
"Part ways with" I can do. "Part out", not so much. I usually only do that with vehicles! The goal is to move as much of this stuff out if the house as possible, so one day (hopefully soon) my wife will resume talking to me, cooking for me, doing my laundry, and sleeping with me!

I've taken over our dining room completely, from floor to ceiling. In our kitchen there are currently three very large boxes of approximately 160 brand new in the box 3.2 ohm Motorola communications speakers that she will stop and rest her hand on while glaring at me. My primary shed where I keep tools and stuff has become a storage unit, packed with Motorola CPX8000 units and spare parts, a strange welding fume eliminator thing, boxes of spare parts, an Andrew air line dehydrator for microwave transmission equipment... I really got in over my head this time. But as I told my wife, it was so cheap! How could I resist?
I am showing my wife this post. My one room looks great by comparison. Good haul though, can't say I am not a bit jealous.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
I am showing my wife this post. My one room looks great by comparison. Good haul though, can't say I am not a bit jealous

What are you looking to get out of the programming stuff(RIB's and cables) as well as the quantars? PM me with the specifics. Chris

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I won a few more auctions a couple of weeks back, and unfortunately nothing shiny and blinky made its way into the lots, but I did wind up with some loudness...

View attachment 236814

Four PA200s (look like 2 different generations)
Among the Federal electronic sirens that were designed in the 1970s, the PA200 was the best in terms of build quality. During the entire production run (about 1974 to 1989) there were no major revisions to the circuitry.

Reactions: ur20v

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Sorry I've been quiet lately. We had a family tragedy and I was oddly slammed with work in my primary business. But here I am, with an admission to make. I feel like an idiot... this is going to disappoint @Lt.214 and @C17LVFD here. So, I'm a total newbie when it comes to Motorola stuff. And as it turns out, what I thought were RIBs are in fact RIMs, and what I thought were programming cables turned out to be "RF modem" cables for specific types of radios (Spectras, MCS2000s, etc.). I'm pretty disappointed myself, not just for the loss in potential income, but I was looking forward to finally being able to reprogram my 900mhz Spectra to better match the amateur repeaters in my area (I bought it from another ham in California, preprogrammed for their specific 33cm system). Anyway, I'm still kind of going through a lot of this stuff, so I might find some more goodies, who knows.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.