Latest Craigslist Find

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Just figured I would toss this out here as a starting point.
Overall, it appears to be in good shape, I know the rotators spin and light. The flashers not so much.
I just got back with it, so its gonna sit for abit today as work calls.

This should be a 24 RVF, I have not cracked it open yet to gauge internal condition.

Optimized-20210520_140629.jpg Optimized-20210520_140659.jpg Optimized-20210520_140736.jpg

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Got a chance to crack it open.. 24 RVF-1Z
This might be another full size NYPD bar, same tag as my other bar and it was located literally 20 minutes away from NYC. I'm probably the biggest skeptic here about that, but its not outside the realm of possibility. This came from a Rollback and I just spoke with the seller and he does not know.

Anywho. pics..

Optimized-20210520_162600.jpg Optimized-20210520_162546.jpg Optimized-20210520_162532.jpg

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
@Stampeed Valkyrie
What might be the special order as the 1Z indicate?

I can not see to much that is not standard except the internal flasher and the sealed beams in the rotators.

Michael
If I recall correctly, standard wiring set up for Federal Signal light bars had the power cable entering the bar on the driver's side. The NYPD specification called for the power to enter the bar on the passenger side, thus a special order warranting the use of the "Z" in the model number.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
@Stampeed Valkyrie
What might be the special order as the 1Z indicate?

I can not see to much that is not standard except the internal flasher and the sealed beams in the rotators.

Michael
Michael, Honestly you pretty much hit the nail on the head.. the bulbs I believe are 7400 which are not the factory bulbs.. probably swapped later due to availability.

If I recall correctly, standard wiring set up for Federal Signal light bars had the power cable entering the bar on the driver's side. The NYPD specification called for the power to enter the bar on the passenger side, thus a special order warranting the use of the "Z" in the model number.
This is also correct NYPD bars are "Flipped" to address @cmb56 this bar could have been flipped as well and then flipped the speaker grille back.

I do not currently have any plans to turn this into an NYPD bar, as I already have one.

Reactions: BLUELIGHT
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Very nice grab.
How about a FDNY lightbar. Is the config the same?
I've seen pictures where they both are equipped with the same type of bar from the front, not sure if the rear was amber or not.

Was thinking about doing RCAAXAACR for the rear
and then doing RCRRXRRCR to the front.

not sure yet, I have domes in stock I just may just pick something I already have.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
@stansdds
Personally I do not think that the 2Z mean that it was ordered ”backwards” because we know for sure that NYPD used both the standard 24RMVF and the special order 24RMVF-2Z and both where ”backwards”.

It is easy to turn the bar around and change position of the two speaker grill halfs.

It take about 10 minutes and the installation company needed to remove the lenses anyway when installing the bar.

This was the first thing I did with my 24RMVF when I got it from Federal back in 1989.

My bar was delivered without any flasher but I installed one externally even that NYPD had internal flashers.

The sealed beams delivered in the rotators was the 4416.

So the only thing I know of the standard 24RMVF is that my did not came with a flasher and had 4416’s.

The 2Z must have meant something else.

Maybe a mix of alterations like factory made backwards, internal flasher, other sealed beams and factory installed siren speaker.

Who knows?

Michael

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Abit of a delay on getting this uploaded.. but a good first look video.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
@Maxim2Eng not a bad suggestion, I just think CA bars have been done to death TBH. I still need to determine what I want to do. First priority is replacing my jump pack, or buying a new battery for it. This one is shot.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.