LAW install, reverse light 2016 Interceptor Sedan?

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
I was just issued a 2016 PIS. Rear warning is a FS deck light and the brake/reverse light flasher... that's it.

The PIS has 2 clear sections of lens, the bottom section is the reverse light, the top section is completely unused but has a reflector in it. Has anyone installed LAW's or strobes in this top clear section of light? Any install tips or pics?

13TTPP

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
I had a pair of vertex in the top clear which were installed before I bought the car. It appeared the installer had to be creative to get them in there as there was about a tube of blue RTV on each side holding them/sealing them. They were plenty bright for sure, after the crash I didn't bother removing them so that is all the info I can provide.

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
It's possible but it's not easy. I'd assume the reason their was so much RTV used on 13 TTPP's lights is because right behind the top lens is where they decided to run the wiring into for the upper tail light section. It's a raised section which would have to be cut off and then the hole elongated for the hide a way to be centered and not interfering with a screw, which is right beside where the wires go into. The hole that's left then would have to be sealed up.

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
Thats a shame. A purpose built vehicle... a clear section in the lights with reflector... and no easy way to install a light there.

I guess I'll just look at some Whelen Micron's to tuck in the lower corners of the rear window for some additional warning.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.