LAW question

amccullers

May 22, 2010
Wetumpka, Alabama
I have an explorer with a HAW in the tail lights and my front strobes are fog light stlye. I was thinking of putting LAW's in my front turn signals and in the brake and reverse lights, do I remove the strobes or keep the stobes and add the LAW's?

Also how do you mount the LAW's in the turn signals, do they sit on bottom and face up or on the sides?

And what are the pros and cons of the vertex vs the soundoff with the changable lenses?

Thanks

Andrew

May 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
As far as strobes and LAW's I'd go one or the other not both. That brings up both space and heat considerations with trying to run two sets in one housing or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're asking.

The position of the LAW is going to very both by the brand and style that you buy and by the way that your vehicle's housing is shaped.

I'd go with the SoundOff's over the vertex's. The different inserts allow you to adjust the way the light dispersers from the LAW. I'd also consider the Axixtech TRI, it has a triangular shape with three diodes on each face. Plus should you choose to get rid of the strobes you can likely use the same mounting holes and the same cables that are already in place. Full disclosure: I am an Axixtech dealer ;) so take my biased opinion with a grain of salt.

amccullers

May 22, 2010
Wetumpka, Alabama
Ok Thanks

When I said have both of them I meant both could be in same housing because of the size of the housing. But I do know that strobes produce a great deal of heat. I would post pictures but its raining. I will take a look at Axixtech also.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
amccullers said:
Ok Thanks

When I said have both of them I meant both could be in same housing because of the size of the housing. But I do know that strobes produce a great deal of heat. I would post pictures but its raining. I will take a look at Axixtech also.
I've got a set of axixtech TRI's in red- very little use if you may be interested.

Also I'd recommend either Axixtech TRI OR SOS universal's LAW's - the best ones currently on the market IMO.

May 22, 2010
Central WV
I've not used the Axixtech LED Insets, so I can;t comment on them. People that have them seem to be happy with them. The Sound Off Universal Undercovers out perform the vertex's in my opinion, especially with the interchangeable lenses that let you optimize light output from the LEDs into the light housing reflector. I am a Sound Off dealer so I might be a little biased, but I'm always up for using whatever is best, whether I primarily sell the product or not. If you want some Sound Off Universal Undercovers, let me know and I can get you some.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.